Photos: Gallery
Nikon Z6/Z7

【?】??????????????「Z6」「Z7」???|?????????

Heres a good look...bodies lenses adapter

clik on the link then translate

08-22-2018, 12:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Looks good for a start, 3 lenses already. What hurts with those mirrorless is a awkward adaption to DSLR lenses, same issue with Sony except now that they have a number e-mount lenses from 16mm to 400mm. We'll have to way a couple of years to have the lenses that mount directly without adapter. Given the size of lenses anyway, I still wonder why no manufacturer has made a mirrorless camera with all the latest attributes of mirrorless cameras with DSLR mount.
08-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
the K-01! was a Dslr mount and Pentax turned it into M/L

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I still wonder why no manufacturer has made a mirrorless camera with all the latest attributes of mirrorless cameras with DSLR mount.
08-22-2018, 01:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
the K-01! was a Dslr mount and Pentax turned it into M/L
It was... but no EVF and CDAF only, I'm afraid.

08-22-2018, 04:25 AM   #5

Wow. Z6/Z7 look much better than I expected!
The Z-mount seems quite promising. Huge mount enables super-fast lens such as f0.95 "Noct". Absence of focus-shift. Abundant AF points. Better continuous video AF. Better ergonomics than Sony. F-to-Z adaptor. The vast investment and 3 new lenses at first followed by several rumored Noct lenses at a higher releasing speed than Pentax.
DFA*50 is still not available in Taiwan. And where is DA*11-18
08-22-2018, 04:29 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ayersliao Quote
And where is DA*11-18
Would that be on a slow boat from China?...if not,the boats stopped off in Vietnam or The Phillipines!
08-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Looks good for a start, 3 lenses already. What hurts with those mirrorless is a awkward adaption to DSLR lenses
This adapter doesn't look awkward to me at all, narrower than grip. I wonder how many lenses will work with it.

08-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I do like the look of the upcoming Nikon z6/z7...
However, I think this 'Mirrorless War' makes me hesitant to purchase anything at all!! The 'war' is just beginning. Not sure you'd want to invest in the guns at the beginning, when you know things will ramp up until the end. Sony entered, Nikon will announce, and then Canon will be next. Competition helps everyone then... so I think the next 2-years the features will be even better, and pricing accordingly to who is left over. I keep hoping that some company gets to a place, where one company (I really don't care) can create a mirrorless option (not sure I care as much about sensor size either) that accepts Pentax glass w/adapter, yet keeps it's Mirrorless features (AF, EVF, 4k, etc). I will also accept if a company requires some kind of 3rd-party support to make this a reality. (I think there is something outdated about Pentax lenses that prevents this from happening, probably why there are so few Nikon adapters too) Then they can truly take my money!! I will continue to wait patiently.

Maybe when the dust settles, Pentax will finally come up with something like that... it doesn't feel like a difficult ask. Pentax is usually a bit behind in terms of tech, so in 2-years they should have the ability, no? (I truthfully don't think Pentax even cares about mirrorless, and the aforementioned K-01 and late introduction of K-1 only forces them to focus more and more on DSLRs... the real question IMO, is when will they come out with a DSLR that matches the d850? That will pretty much erase my mirrorless need)
08-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I do like the look of the upcoming Nikon z6/z7... funny thing about mirrorless tech, is that they're going to start creating cameras that has IBIS in the body... but for some reason they can't/won't put that tech in their DSLRs. Mirrorless will prove that they have the capabilities.

I still wonder if any of the companies can offer something even close to the value of what Sony did with the a7iii. That thing was quite the gauntlet to throw down to challengers. I think it was priced to cut the market, and there's just no way this far in development that either of the companies can do anything to offer the value nor the price. I have faith that they'll be able to make cameras as good, but not for the same price (price of coming late).

However, I think this 'Mirrorless War' makes me hesitant to purchase anything at all!! The 'war' is just beginning. Not sure you'd want to invest in the guns at the beginning, when you know things will ramp up until the end. Sony entered, Nikon will announce, and then Canon will be next. Competition helps everyone then... so I think the next 2-years the features will be even better, and pricing accordingly to who is left over. I keep hoping that some company gets to a place, where one company (I really don't care) can create a mirrorless option (not sure I care as much about sensor size either) that accepts Pentax glass w/adapter, yet keeps it's Mirrorless features (AF, EVF, 4k, etc). I will also accept if a company requires some kind of 3rd-party support to make this a reality. (I think there is something outdated about Pentax lenses that prevents this from happening, probably why there are so few Nikon adapters too) Then they can truly take my money!! I will continue to wait patiently.

Maybe when the dust settles, Pentax will finally come up with something like that... it doesn't feel like a difficult ask. Pentax is usually a bit behind in terms of tech, so in 2-years they should have the ability, no? (I truthfully don't think Pentax even cares about mirrorless, and the aforementioned K-01 and late introduction of K-1 only forces them to focus more and more on DSLRs... the real question IMO, is when will they come out with a DSLR that matches the d850? That will pretty much erase my mirrorless need)

Last edited by landofcourtness; 08-22-2018 at 06:08 AM.
08-22-2018, 06:34 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by landofcourtness Quote
I do like the look of the upcoming Nikon z6/z7...

What need of yours does D850 have that K-1 doesn't have?
08-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

The way those Nikons look - design, ergonomics - you may as well buy a Sony A7 series mirrorless. Be cheaper too.

And compared to these Nikons, a Sony will have the lens mount button on the correct [ie Sony/Pentax] side of the body (the right side, when looking from above, not the left, like Nikon), and the lens bayonet will turn the correct way too. That difference drives me crazy whenever I change lenses on a Nikon, particularly as a right-handed person.
08-22-2018, 07:19 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The way those Nikons look - design, ergonomics - you may as well buy a Sony A7 series mirrorless.
Why are you so certain about ergonomics?
Sony is notorious in that area.
08-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #13
Pentaxian

And compared to these Nikons, a Sony will have the lens mount button on the correct [ie Sony/Pentax] side of the body (the right side, when looking from above, not the left, like Nikon), and the lens bayonet will turn the correct way too. That difference drives me crazy whenever I change lenses on a Nikon, particularly as a right-handed person.
I'm guessing typical Nikon user will disagree with you - and they'll be primary interest to Nikon.
08-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Why are you so certain about ergonomics?
I have a A6000, and the back and front of these Nikon's looks very similar to it, and Sony's in the A7 series too. The flippy screen, the top plate, even elements of the front grip. In design terms, they have essentially grafted a few Nikon buttons onto a Sony body. Not a criticism of either manufacturer - the design choices work OK (except for the lens mount button).

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm guessing typical Nikon user will disagree with you - and they'll be primary interest to Nikon.
I have a few Nikon's at hand. These mirrorless models just won't feel the same - the smaller size is just never going to deliver the same hand-feel as a regular Nikon DSLR. Button placement is also clearly more squished up on these mirrorless bodies.
08-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I have a A6000, and the back and front of these Nikon's looks very similar to it, and Sony's in the A7 series too. The flippy screen, the top plate, even elements of the front grip. In design terms, they have essentially grafted a few Nikon buttons onto a Sony body. Not a criticism of either manufacturer - the design choices work OK (except for the lens mount button).
The main complaint I've heard about Sony cameras is dependence on menus - perhaps these added buttons will help the ergonomics.