Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 06:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Thats what i think...So i'll tell you why i think that.

A fair while ago some of their client base requested an IBIS camera.Their reaction was " Ibis isnt possible with Xtrans sensor"...and that was true at that stage of their development....Further along the development path they made IBIS work with the Xtrans3(its not quite as good as some others).
And this is possibly were something is being lost in translation from japanese to english but saying something isn't possible and then doing it means it was possible, they just hadn't yet refined it to the point they were ready to release it to market.

QuoteQuote:
Now,the development of Xtrans 4 was paramount in their progression and the first body is the XT-3...IBIS may occur after further development.

Just because IBIS can work with one sensor doesnt automatically mean it goes on the next body at release.
Why not? Take pentax as an example. Their first camera body with IBIS was the K100D. Every model after that had IBIS. Same is true of pixel shift. Started with the K-3II. It was included in the K-1. But was still included on cheaper bodies like the K-70 and KP.

I assume Fuji is like most other product manufactures in that they reuse as many parts as possible to reduce overall costs. That means they have the tech, and it would fit. They just don't feel they need to include it. Which is substantially different from their claim that it "cannot fit". Considering the price point and the fact that most of its competition has this feature, it should include IBIS.

QuoteQuote:
It wasnt included with the XT-100 which is a recent release.XT2 doesnt have IBIS but theres many many devotees of that body so the upgraders wont worry too much.
The x-t100 is lower priced product, so it makes some sense to remove features. It's less objectionable at this price range because less of the competition has IBIS. Again I should note that the K-70 is priced lower and does have IBIS.

08-31-2018, 07:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Apparently to be announced in about a week

https://www.fujirumors.com/breaking-fujifilm-x-t3-announcement-6th-of-septem...ored-features/