Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Update from Nokishita:

I got to tell me what that was taken is confirmed by new product to announce from the source of overseas Canon September.
  • EOS R body
  • EOS R 24105 kit
  • RF 35mm F1.8M IS
  • RF 50mm F1.2L USM
  • RF 28-70mm F2L USM
  • RF 24-105mm F4L USM
  • EF-M32mm F1.4 STM
  • EF400mm F2.8L III
  • EF600mm F4L III
    • ※ lens name is not the official name, only the portion that is taken is confirmed
  • M (or Mount) adapter R?
    • Because the simple purchase orders not written only "M.ADAP R", "M.ADAP R ND" "M.ADAP R PL", the official name is unknown
  • The accessory list PD-E1 also available
If the 24-105 is true, it will be interesting to compare it to Pentax's 28-105. An F2 zoom is kind of unique too.

08-31-2018, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Canon seems to be coming on much stronger than Nikon. I guess that is not surprising.
09-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well,Canon made the same mistake as Nikon.

SINGLE card slot

Another negative is no IBIS and apparently the video features are not that good.

A couple of days and its official.
09-02-2018, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well,Canon made the same mistake as Nikon.

SINGLE card slot

Another negative is no IBIS and apparently the video features are not that good.

A couple of days and its official.
The same was said about video capability of 6D Mark II and yet it is considered one of the best vlogging camera due to full articulating screen and dual pixel af. And is also a top seller at B&H.

This mirrorless camera will be a vlogger success due to size, flip screen, dual pixel af and 4k. And it is also a combination of 6D Mark II and 5D Mark IV for photography. Canon shooters who already have a Pro DSLR will probably adopt this camera as a back-up, a travel and vlogging camera.

It may not be enough for the ones who jumped to Sony to return to Canon, but this camera will pretty much stop a lot of Canon users to jump ship. As far as I see from the point of view of Canon users, they all hope that this camera to be priced arround 1900$ and 2100$. At this price there will be lots of buyers. Not to mention that in a few months we will also see the Pro version of Canon full frame mirrorless.

Look at how well recieved was also the M50. That camera was one of the reasons why Canon became no. 1 in Japan in mirrorless teritory. People find lots of things to criticise Canon, but Canon seems to know the market. And as someone said a few days ago and I quote him "Canon cameras tend to be a slow burn and first impressions are not one of their strengths. It’s with time that people realize how good their cameras actually are." Canon cameras are reliable and just works when you need them.

09-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The same was said about video capability of 6D Mark II and yet it is considered one of the best vlogging camera due to full articulating screen and dual pixel af.

Only by Tony!...Others say the M50.is best!(In the christmas room).

4K is still to be determined,at least they got the codec up to standard.

SloMo is 720p....they are BEHIND,they crippled it

"this camera will pretty much stop a lot of Canon users to jump"...it could ...it might...same with Nikon....thats why they entered the genre,it wasnt an option, they had to try and seal the wound that $$$ony made.CaNik have fallen short...both their users will still go $$$ony but not as many.$$$onys growth will be slowed in the short term.BUT, $$$ony were anticipating CaNik(not Panasonic or Olympus).They will come back with more advanced gear.Their new EVF alone will blow the socks off everybody.
09-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The same was said about video capability of 6D Mark II and yet it is considered one of the best vlogging camera due to full articulating screen and dual pixel af.

Only by Tony!...Others say the M50.is best!(In the christmas room).

4K is still to be determined,at least they got the codec up to standard.

SloMo is 720p....they are BEHIND,they crippled it

"this camera will pretty much stop a lot of Canon users to jump"...it could ...it might...same with Nikon....thats why they entered the genre,it wasnt an option, they had to try and seal the wound that $$$ony made.CaNik have fallen short...both their users will still go $$$ony but not as many.$$$onys growth will be slowed in the short term.BUT, $$$ony were anticipating CaNik(not Panasonic or Olympus).They will come back with more advanced gear.Their new EVF alone will blow the socks off everybody.
It seems that Sony will rule the photography and videography world. At least when comes to internet support is by far the leader. The only strage thing is that I haven't seen a single improved portfolio of the ones who jumped to mirrorless. And I haven't seen in the field any mirrorless that can blow away a 1Dx Mark II, a D5, or a D850. Not in image quality, not in keeper rate and surely not in build quality or ergonomics. At this point, as a Canon shooter, the upcoming Fuji medium format camera is more interesting to me than anything that Canon, Nikon, Sony, Oly and Panasonic will release.

If I needed a second camera, at this point I would be a lot more tempted to keep my 5D Mark IV and as a second camera to buy the upcoming Fuji medium format camera at 3900 or 4200$ with just a portrait lens than selling my 5D Mark IV and buy a A7R III and a A7 III.
09-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I had M50 fitted in my big hand very well weight almost nothing image very good .setting vs sony much easy but battery life very bad no more as 100-150 images
video worse . i not use camera for video so i not worry about video option . cost extra for 18-135 now 399 $.I bought for travel in costco,because after arm injury my Pentax k3 with my lenses was too heavy.
cost 699 with 15-45 lens
screen very good but ,hard use after pentax
as backup very good,but not close to K3

09-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
If I needed a second camera, at this point I would be a lot more tempted to keep my 5D Mark IV and as a second camera to buy the upcoming Fuji medium format camera at 3900 or 4200$
That price is speculation at the moment Dan,but may be close.Other speculation ive seen is as low as U$3300 and as high as $4500.
We have a thread on FujiForums thats active at the moment.The XT-3 is not a secret but the 50R has nothing much leaked.I'm interested too which would mean my k-1 would have a holiday.
10-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A professionals view!

The dust has settle a bit,lots of conjecture too.The important point being Canon have entered the game and will get up to speed,Firmware is supposed to come this month.

Here is one view.