Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #1

Bessaflex TM (Cosina) repair

Hi all - another repair query...

I have a Bessaflex TM in perfect working order - except that the flipping mirror has cracked. This is the late model M42 film SLR camera that Cosina / Voigtlander came out about 20 years ago and is a pleasure to use.

Does anyone have any idea about how i can obtain a replacement mirror for it? I remember reading once that the last consumer film camera produced for Nikon was also made by Cosina and that the parts are identical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 02-12-19 at 02:13 AM ----------

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-12-2019 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Edited title
02-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jamin-b Quote
Hi all - another repair query...

I have a Bessaflex TM in perfect working order - except that the flipping mirror has cracked. This is the late model M42 film SLR camera that Cosina / Voigtlander came out about 20 years ago and is a pleasure to use.

Does anyone have any idea about how i can obtain a replacement mirror for it? I remember reading once that the last consumer film camera produced for Nikon was also made by Cosina and that the parts are identical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 02-12-19 at 02:13 AM ----------

Keep your eye out for parts cameras... I personally don't advise you try the replacement yourself unless you have some prior experience, though you'd probably learn something by disassembling a parts body and studiously documenting the steps.

Otherwise you'll need to send it to someone like Eric, the pentax repair guy.
02-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jamin-b Quote
It is quite possible that the mirror on your Bessaflex TM is the same as on other "made by Cosina" SLRs of the same vintage. Probably the most prominent examples would be the Nikon FE10/FM10 and Vivitar V3800N. While sharing a fair amount of "DNA" with those other three cameras, your Bessaflex TM has the distinction of having full-metal build, a certain degree of exclusiveness*, and compatibility with Bessa rangefinder trigger winder and grips. Cool camera

Good luck on getting a repair done. With a replacement in hand, most competent technicians should be able to manage the swap.

Steve

* Was sold at a higher price point as a premium offering.
02-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Was sold at a higher price point as a premium offering
When it was discontinued they were selling the body for a hundred bucks. Unfortunately I thought it might go lower and held off

02-17-2019, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stephen Gandy was/is the foremost CV distributor in USA.
He has a repair operation as well.

https://www.cameraquest.com/

Chris