Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2019, 01:30 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nikon Coolpix Model Q10125

Any idea what it is?

Today I bought a "Coolpix A" camera from a local classified. Although the camera appears to be working fine, images show "Nikon Corporation Q10125" as the model number in EXIF instead of "Coolpix A". Any idea what is Q10125?

Also noticed a few other things:
  • The serial number on the bottom is not the regular Nikon serial number but starts with "PT"
  • It is running firmware version C0.014 which appears to be quite old. I tried to update the firmware after downloading latest Coolpix A firmware from the Nikon website. However, the camera is not recognizing the new firmware on the SD card and doesn't give Update option. This may be due to model number mismatch.

Any idea?

05-12-2019, 01:41 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Complete guess here, but it could be a pre-production / demo unit. I'd recommend contacting Nikon and see what they have to say about it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2019, 03:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, Adam, that's my guess too. I contacted Nikon, let's see what they have to say.