Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2019, 12:38 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
DSLR vs MILC Nikonian arguing

Enjoy

Sound like Nikon guys are having the same arguing as Pentax users.

07-22-2019, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That's actually a fun video to watch. How nice to listen to a couple of calm, gently-spoken and articulate guys, instead of some loud-mouthed, opinionated, self-appointed "expert". And the points made, both in favour of and against DSLR and mirrorless respectively, are easily recognised as those we've discussed at length in these forums...
07-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #3

Maarten is a class act and his videos are weirdly soothing.
07-22-2019, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Much of it really comes down to your tolerance of EVFs. Personally, I don't do well with them for any length of time (headaches/eye strain issues) and so all of the benefits in the world from going mirrorless don't do too much to change my mind.

07-22-2019, 03:29 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The first thing that comes to mind after watching this video is...

How can he call that black coffee? It looks like tea!
07-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
My thoughts exactly!

My own morning coffee, whether it's in a ceramic or glass mug, is black and opaque... occasionally, bordering on sludgy
07-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Much of it really comes down to your tolerance of EVFs. Personally, I don't do well with them for any length of time (headaches/eye strain issues) and so all of the benefits in the world from going mirrorless don't do too much to change my mind.
Ah ah , you sound like the guy on the left hand side of the video

---------- Post added 23-07-19 at 00:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Looks like tea, or the color of the video aren't quite right. Or maybe it's an American coffee? I've had coffee in Boston are there was a lot of water into it (unlike Italian coffee).

07-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Enjoy

Interesting conversation and points of view.

QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Maarten is a class act and his videos are weirdly soothing.
I agree. The video in the OP is the first one that I've seen from this guy. Very refreshing compared to the over-hyped, in-your-face Youtube presentations.

I'll watch more of Maarten's channel.

- Craig
07-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Maarten's channel.
He usually gives a concise factual rundown of most of the new stuff, this style of KlikBate,belongs in the $onySouthDrip Utube school.

He usually gets the new stuff to review soon after release,must be a slowtime mid year to resort to this nonsense.

Without a doubt, his worst production by a long way.
07-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
this style of KlikBate
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this term. Here in Canada we have a food product called "Klik" -- a canned luncheon meat, but I don't think you're referring to that.

- Craig
07-22-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this term.
Sorry,its the downunda way to spell clickbait,...i subscribe to Marty's channel and usually i love his stuff,one of the good camera reviewers.

Y on earth he made this one bewilders me?...both cameras have been out for a longtime,OCT 2018 was the appropriate time for a comparison.

As,I said,its his worst by a fair margin.usually they are 10/10...I was disappointed after watching it.
07-23-2019, 03:30 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Great! Now I know exactly what do people look like when they have a rally on DSLR-MILK subject. Which is what and what is better. Basically they did boil basic things down. I don’t really think that having more ’recent’ models there would have change a thing. That would have just submerged the real basic what is what and what is not, under all that technical spec list what marketting people uses.