Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2019, 12:53 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I think they addressed tzhe main issues of the A9, like absence of sealings at the battery door. A9II is appropriate to shoot on the Tokyo olympics.

04-11-2022, 01:40 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
I think they addressed the main issues of the A9, like absence of sealings at the battery door. A9II is appropriate to shoot on the Tokyo olympics.
It's a shame this kind of marketing isn't popular anymore, but Sony really should have called it the "A9 Olympic" with a little logo and everything, like the Leicaflex SL Olympic for example:

https://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Leitz/Leicaflex-SL-Olympic-(black).html

Looking back, and seeing how Sony's line-up is becoming a complete chaos (I guess the A1 as a flagship, and at the other side the A7IV, are both eating away sales from the A9 II and from a whole lot of Sony's other cameras) I'd say a used A9 or A9 II is starting to become an attainable companion to a Pentax, use the Pentax for the camera experience, and the Sony as a photographic machine for those that really want a working autofocus every now and then