Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
It's not as good, but not far behind either in terms of image quality. For the price and considering the weight and small size, it can be a good all around camera if the EVF doesn't give you headaches.
I have a Samsung NX1. The EVF has never given me any headaches, but I do use the rear screen most of the time.

11-10-2019, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I have a Samsung NX1. The EVF has never given me any headaches, but I do use the rear screen most of the time.
I do have some headaches from EVFs and this was the main reason I went for EOS R rather than RP. The good thing is that with time passing and by using mirrorless more and more, the headaches are less and less present.

At 1000$, the RP really delivers. I've rent it a few times and for what I shoot (portraits and small events) it's great. It's not suited to action due to the lag in viewfinder mostly and also due slow fps, but I find it ideal for travel, portraits and for day to day use. The RF lenses make it shine, but RF L lenses are big, heavy and expensive and because of this the RP becomes unbalanced, unfortunately. This was another reason I went for R rather than RP.

I posted some portraits taken with RP and also some links with high resolution JPEGs of those portraits in another topic (see the link from below).

http://https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/383055-canon-full-frame-mirrorless-1-299-a-17.html

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 11-10-2019 at 10:22 AM.
05-03-2020, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Interesting thread, first non-Pentax thread I've read on the PF.

I'm not looking to switch or add another system to the mix, but for whatever reason the EOS R caught my attention, then a nice EOS R kit appeared on CL today, so I checked out this thread, learned a lot. Thanks all.