Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Thai is where it boils down to.
Fuji is the top selling brand in Thailand apparently,I'll assume you meant "that"?

Have not actually looked at it at all.
Take a look,Ive seen most of his videos and some 3-4 times.As a reviewer and someone who reached out to Ricoh to become an SPONSORED shooter,he is poor.Ive watched plenty of reviews but dont actually take any as absolutely true or false.This guy tells lies at times but I've found some of his observations as useful.In this particular case he proves he doesnt know how to use that Fuji equipment properly.If he got help to use the Fuji then he got the wrong help.There are many reviews of the X-T30 and many of the 100-400,his review is the only one that isnt glowing.

This is no way degrading the KP and 150-450,its a very capable combination for what its designed for(apart from some negative reports about build quality).Optically it can produce nice photos.

05-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Fuji is the top selling brand in Thailand apparently,I'll assume you meant "that"?

Take a look,Ive seen most of his videos and some 3-4 times.As a reviewer and someone who reached out to Ricoh to become an SPONSORED shooter,he is poor.Ive watched plenty of reviews but dont actually take any as absolutely true or false.This guy tells lies at times but I've found some of his observations as useful.In this particular case he proves he doesnt know how to use that Fuji equipment properly.If he got help to use the Fuji then he got the wrong help.There are many reviews of the X-T30 and many of the 100-400,his review is the only one that isnt glowing.

This is no way degrading the KP and 150-450,its a very capable combination for what its designed for(apart from some negative reports about build quality).Optically it can produce nice photos.

’Thai’ was typo, regardless(should not use my iPad when writing at here)... 150-450 has had serious problems, liike splitting in half. Not sure how common that is thou. And it is a great lens on aps-c and FF. And the things what was lifted in that video would also make me think about Fuji build quality and usability in moist scenery, like morning mist, which is beautiful time of the day for birding too. For example. All in all it is small things. About Fuji X-T30, sure. There are great cameras nowadays. Some prefer these mirrorless and some more traditional DSLR, and both has strengths here it is clearly shown how it did work for him. As we all know, some do make better out of the things if they want to and learn weak points. I seriously don’t think that many are willing to do so. Watching these videos is enough, if even that and previously made conclusions are difficult to let go. Let Alhonen those guys who are somehow biassed with I prefer this, so should others(seems to be mostly used buy people who uses latestofThelatest)When one can’t figure out exact reason, and video publishing time is due, they go with common thoughts. Shortcuts. This goes for most. This is one of reasons why I do not look at these videos. Just enough to see what is going on
05-10-2020, 05:36 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Why Facts Don?t Change Our Minds | The New Yorker

I'm sure you can always find a reason to like Fuji cameras. The myth busted here is that there are no reasons for liking Pentax cameras as compared to Fuji.
Some people don't seem to be able to live with that.
05-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Why Facts Don?t Change Our Minds | The New Yorker

I'm sure you can always find a reason to like Fuji cameras. The myth busted here is that there are no reasons for liking Pentax cameras as compared to Fuji.
That was good laugh(through the tears) reading through that article. Thank you

05-10-2020, 10:52 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
ANYone,can set up a YT channel or website and promote misinformation.

That misinformation can fool some of the people all of the time.

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:05 AM ----------

the things what was lifted in that video would also make me think about Fuji build quality and usability in moist scenery, like morning mist, which is beautiful time of the day for birding too.
He used an unsealed body,the lens is WR though.What makes you think that taking that combination to a misty enviroment would be a good idea?

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:18 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Some prefer these mirrorless and some more traditional DSLR, and both has strengths here it is clearly shown how it did work for him.
He had the skills to use a Dslr but not a M/L,drive a truck or a sports car?Horses for courses.

More specifically, he buys(so he states)the smallest Fuji body and puts the largest native lens on it???That body pairs extremely well with the excellent small primes that are available.There are more suitable bodies for that lens and they have battery grips which are essential due to the evf sucking the juice.Would anyone go birding with such an unbalanced setup? Maybe an unbalanced minded birder?

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:36 AM ----------

Let Alhonen
That Ipad again!i can interpret though.

Watching these videos is enough, if even that and previously made conclusions are difficult to let go. Let Alhonen those guys who are somehow biassed with I prefer this, so should others(seems to be mostly used buy people who uses latestofThelatest)When one can’t figure out exact reason, and video publishing time is due, they go with common thoughts. Shortcuts. This goes for most. This is one of reasons why I do not look at these videos. Just enough to see what is going on
Some reviewers are reasonably accurate,some are not.However,some can find good facets of any gear which makes it worthwhile to consider.

A "quick" look and theres a fair chance of missing an aspect that could be an important factor.

Last edited by surfar; 05-10-2020 at 11:46 AM.
05-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
ANYone,can set up a YT channel or website and promote misinformation.

That misinformation can fool some of the people all of the time.

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:05 AM ----------

He used an unsealed body,the lens is WR though.What makes you think that taking that combination to a misty enviroment would be a good idea?

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:18 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

He had the skills to use a Dslr but not a M/L,drive a truck or a sports car?Horses for courses.

More specifically, he buys(so he states)the smallest Fuji body and puts the largest native lens on it???That body pairs extremely well with the excellent small primes that are available.There are more suitable bodies for that lens and they have battery grips which are essential due to the evf sucking the juice.Would anyone go birding with such an unbalanced setup? Maybe an unbalanced minded birder?

---------- Post added 05-11-20 at 05:36 AM ----------

That Ipad again!i can interpret though.

Some reviewers are reasonably accurate,some are not.However,some can find good facets of any gear which makes it worthwhile to consider.

A "quick" look and theres a fair chance of missing an aspect that could be an important factor.
Lol! Yes, iPad was there again...now on my computer...anyway. Yes, you seem to be passionate of these things(pointing out what is wrong with hat picture, still I would have also done my homework better IF i was going to go there). One thing to go for M/L would be size factor(why to go through all of trouble if one is okay for size and performance in general? perhaps, because lot of people are doing it?)

Still, what is there to be figured out from all of this. Lot of people don't realise that even quite cheap body from Pentax had this non DFA* lens can offer a lot to work with. WR for one. Good functionality to booth. You'll have to shell out bigger money for a lot of brands to get the same or better. Now. I think that everyone has to get the best tool for the job what they are going for. I love my Pentax for one, but I know it's caveneats. And I have bough other devices to fullfill those things, and I'm still having my K-1 to do what I like.

I believe what I want to say is that, sure. That is one way. Then there is another. One good thing to remember still is that if you want more, you pay more. This is one thing what a lot of people just passes by and shrugs their shoulders. Maybe this guy did not know what he was doing, maybe he was just calculating numbers, and mada his choise based on that. And at the end of the day, that is what most of the guys/gals does.

usually I atleas feel like Donkey who is sitting in between of two similar piles of hey, and can't decide which one should I begin with.