Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any Konica FS-1 owners?

One of the other camera kits that I own is a Konica FS-1 with a few lenses, two flashes, and all from the original owner who was an old family friend. He took meticulous care of it all and it looks and operates like new. I have only ran a few rolls of film through it but was happy with the results. Has anyone else used one before?

05-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I think I set a record for thread killing. 😄

So does anyone use ANY Konica?
05-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Back in the film era I had a friend who used a Konica FS-1. He loved that camera, and, although I never shot a photo with it, it felt really good whenever I held it and looked through it. The only Konica's that I personally owned were two compacts: the C35 V and the C35 auto. I liked both of those little cameras.
05-19-2020, 03:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It does have a very nice feel to it. It is the only Konica that I have ever owned so I really do not have any experience with them.

05-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
I think I set a record for thread killing. 😄

So does anyone use ANY Konica?
I have two older Konica's, the 1965 Auto-Reflex and 1968 Autoreflex T.

These were during the time of heavy metal cameras as they are very solid!

The Konica Auto-Reflex is pretty cool with the ability to shoot full or half frame and was the first auto exposure SLR albeit shutter priority. You can read more about it at Stephen Gandy's CameraQuest Konica Auto-Reflex
05-20-2020, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They sure look the part. That half frame capability sounds interesting.

Here is my Konica FS1. The camera, flash, kit 40mm lens, Tokina 75-150, and Kiron 28 came from the family friend. I picked up the teleconverter and promaster 80-205 in an auction with a dead FS1. I have had them 20 years now.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G960U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G960U  Photo 
05-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting to see that Kiron 28 f2 with the aperture ring's direction of rotation reversed from the K-mount flavor.

I hear great things about that Konica 40mm f1.8 lens. Too bad they never sold that in K-mount...

05-20-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That is the only Kiron lense I have had my hands on, but from what I have read it's a very good lense.
05-20-2020, 08:31 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the Kiron 28 strikes a nice balance of size/weight vs. performance and it gives decent image quality at f2 which is why I got mine. It's decent... The Pentax M series 28's from that same era are probably all better (there's four of them, which is so hard to believe today). I like mine on my digital camera as well as my film cameras; I actually bought it to use on digital and then when I got into film photography it was there waiting for me. I think it's actually mounted to my Pentax MX as we speak.
10-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have one and whole lot of other Konica's also
10-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Glad to hear that you have one as well. What other Konicas do you have and do you enjoy the FS-1?
10-31-2020, 06:51 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had an FS-1 for several years in the recent past. Really nice lenses in that system, and the body really wasn't bad except for the propensity of the AA batteries to nasty-ify the contacts. I got rid of it when I wanted to start shooting more film street photography, the motor advance on the FS-1 sounds like a bulldozer. The 40mm lens is killer, almost a pancake. Also had the 28mm f3.5 that was quite nice.
11-01-2020, 06:44 AM   #13

I've always eyed the Konica Autoreflex, but between my Pentax K, Minolta SR, and Topcon RE systems I have too many cameras. I do wish they had settled on apperture rather than shutter for their priority mode, I never use shutter priority. Otherwise just the Autoreflex with the 40mm 1.8 wouldn't be a bad setup.
11-01-2020, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I had an FS-1 for several years in the recent past. Really nice lenses in that system, and the body really wasn't bad except for the propensity of the AA batteries to nasty-ify the contacts. I got rid of it when I wanted to start shooting more film street photography, the motor advance on the FS-1 sounds like a bulldozer. The 40mm lens is killer, almost a pancake. Also had the 28mm f3.5 that was quite nice.
Yes, the auto wind is a bit loud. lol

QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
I've always eyed the Konica Autoreflex, but between my Pentax K, Minolta SR, and Topcon RE systems I have too many cameras. I do wish they had settled on apperture rather than shutter for their priority mode, I never use shutter priority. Otherwise just the Autoreflex with the 40mm 1.8 wouldn't be a bad setup.
I keep looking at the Autoreflex...

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I have two older Konica's, the 1965 Auto-Reflex and 1968 Autoreflex T.
These were during the time of heavy metal cameras as they are very solid!

The Konica Auto-Reflex is pretty cool with the ability to shoot full or half frame and was the first auto exposure SLR albeit shutter priority. You can read more about it at Stephen Gandy's CameraQuest Konica Auto-Reflex
I will check those out. Now that I have the stuff out again, maybe I will keep a couple lenses and pick up an Autoreflex body.
11-01-2020, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Glad to hear that you have one as well. What other Konicas do you have and do you enjoy the FS-1?
Let me hunt down some pics and the truth is I love all of my Konica Camera
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NEX-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-5  Photo