Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder really if this will work. Electronic stabilisation, which looks way worse than on your phone, or even on my K-1(okay little too far there). Only thing remotely interesting is that following sound thing they’v got there. Image quality, is not really great, even for video. All that you get compared to your Other kit is that this is smaller and you have to get this tripodselfiewhat ever to make it work. But, who knows. They must have studied their target audience. Young vloggers, beginners, who would like to have ’lumix’ printed on their camera.

Used GH/G camera with proper SR would be better. Perhaps even some other brand. But who knows.

06-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
You do know that some people use still cameras for still photos and dedicated camcorders for video?
You do know that plenty of people use their phone for both?

And plenty more use just one camera with one set of lenses for both?

Still plenty more use a compact or bridge camera?

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
particularly not with the 1000 mm lens you mentioned
I may have confused you,i meant at 1000mm FOV,which i calculate by the varying crops that the G100 is capable of.

I do have a couple of 500 mm mirror lenses with 2x TCs,I suppose people could use them for the super telephoto or a Q.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I wonder really if this will work. Electronic stabilisation, which looks way worse than on your phone,
It probably needs a firmware update to be more effective,the Canon digital stabilisation works quite well,Panasonic may be working on it?

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:44 AM ----------

They must have studied their target audience. Young vloggers, beginners, who would like to have ’lumix’ printed on their camera.
Probably,when you consider that plenty of younger people are starting into image capturing with a smartphone it logical for some of the camera makers to try and attract their interest.Fuji released the X-A7 last year which targets Vloggers/People who want a camera that operates kinda like a phn.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I am a fan of small cameras.
Mine range from K-1 down to Q/Panasonic GM1,also a $ony that can clip onto a phn.It can be used without a phn but no VF,so what you capture is a guess.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I do like small , quality cameras with either 'normal' 50mm or moderate wide angles such as 35 or 28mm. I can see myself when I get into my 80's (hopefully and healthily ) that I will be using a small camera most of the time.
Its great that right now there are lots of choices,new releases are great but cheaper used or discontinued cameras are still very capable.

A walk around fixed lens camera can do plenty of things.

Last edited by surfar; 06-27-2020 at 12:59 PM.
06-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You do know that plenty of people use their phone for both?

And plenty more use just one camera with one set of lenses for both?

Still plenty more use a compact or bridge camera?

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:30 AM ----------

I may have confused you,i meant at 1000mm FOV,which i calculate by the varying crops that the G100 is capable of.

I do have a couple of 500 mm mirror lenses with 2x TCs,I suppose people could use them for the super telephoto or a Q.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:33 AM ----------

It probably needs a firmware update to be more effective,the Canon digital stabilisation works quite well,Panasonic may be working on it?

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:44 AM ----------

Probably,when you consider that plenty of younger people are starting into image capturing with a smartphone it logical for some of the camera makers to try and attract their interest.Fuji released the X-A7 last year which targets Vloggers/People who want a camera that operates kinda like a phn.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:49 AM ----------

Mine range from K-1 down to Q/Panasonic GM1,also a $ony that can clip onto a phn.It can be used without a phn but no VF,so what you capture is a guess.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 06:57 AM ----------

Its great that right now there are lots of choices,new releases are great but cheaper used or discontinued cameras are still very capable.

A walk around fixed lens camera can do plenty of things.
The thing is that for this, I’d propably just buy insta 360 or GoPro doing virtualtours and choosing your PoV. You’ll get 360 sound just like that on top of that. When you say in your marketing speech that you get this new mic system and vlog and choosing over 90 different lenses for your system. Dunno. Yes. True. And not true. How is it with other ‘strenghts’ you just say. Dunno. But that is just me.
06-27-2020, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
There's simply no competing Pentax camera. To me competitors are cameras from Canon, Sony and maybe Fujifilm. I think it could be of interest for in Vlogging interested Pentaxians to discuss the competing cameras. Which of these cameras (by example a Canon m6II) would you suggest is better or worse and why? ... Of course concerning the described purpose (target group)!

Thanks for posting this!
I'm not into Vlogging but i see this body as a small lightweight travel/walk around general purpose thingo.

As for the M6mk2,it seems like its very capable but costs a bit more for body only without a EVF.

A strong point of G100 is the high resolution screen and very high resolution EVF,great little kit lens.

There is also a kit with dual lenses(12-32 and 35-100)I own both and in good light they perform well.

Fuji XA-7 is their body aimed at Vloggers,just a super high resolution screen thats usable in the midday sun.Operates a bit like a smartphone and thats who its aimed at,people buying a first camera and wanting to transition into "real" image making with ease.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

The thing is that for this, I’d propably just buy insta 360 or GoPro doing virtualtours and choosing your PoV. You’ll get 360 sound just like that on top of that. When you say in your marketing speech that you get this new mic system and vlog and choosing over 90 different lenses for your system. Dunno. Yes. True. And not true. How is it with other ‘strenghts’ you just say. Dunno. But that is just me.
OK, i see the G100 as a much better"cover all bases" camera.360/GoPro do great jobs for what they are designed for.

G100 isnt WR,it relies on lens and digital(which is likely to be improved) stabilisation.ILC enables it to go WIDE and LoooooonG.

Theres some features that i'm impressed with that I can use,not being an early adopter I'll wait and see if the stabilisation is improved.

06-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I'm not into Vlogging but i see this body as a small lightweight travel/walk around general purpose thingo.

As for the M6mk2,it seems like its very capable but costs a bit more for body only without a EVF.

A strong point of G100 is the high resolution screen and very high resolution EVF,great little kit lens.

There is also a kit with dual lenses(12-32 and 35-100)I own both and in good light they perform well.

Fuji XA-7 is their body aimed at Vloggers,just a super high resolution screen thats usable in the midday sun.Operates a bit like a smartphone and thats who its aimed at,people buying a first camera and wanting to transition into "real" image making with ease.

---------- Post added 06-28-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

OK, i see the G100 as a much better"cover all bases" camera.360/GoPro do great jobs for what they are designed for.

G100 isnt WR,it relies on lens and digital(which is likely to be improved) stabilisation.ILC enables it to go WIDE and LoooooonG.

Theres some features that i'm impressed with that I can use,not being an early adopter I'll wait and see if the stabilisation is improved.
I believe that you mean it has ‘IS’ which will hopefully be improved. Should work at best with lenses with IS build in. And I’m aware of ILC advantages. Taking selfie with that thing does not necessarily work so well with longer lenses.

I suppose that it will be fine with vloggers, why not.