Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2020, 10:54 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I guess Nikon is not in a position where "fixed" is anywhere good enough. That would still leave the "why buy that toy and not the others?" question open in a way that the probable answer is not to their liking.
It could be.

10-12-2020, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
It could be.
Judging by their plummeting numbers in market share and financing, I'm pretty sure it *is* a dire situation for them.

As a completely anecdotal example, lately on hikes and city walks I've seen a fair number of new Sonys and some Canon MILCs. That I remember, I haven't seen a single Nikon Z, and here I tend to see more Nikon DSLRs than Canons...
10-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Judging by their plummeting numbers in market share and financing, I'm pretty sure it *is* a dire situation for them.

As a completely anecdotal example, lately on hikes and city walks I've seen a fair number of new Sonys and some Canon MILCs. That I remember, I haven't seen a single Nikon Z, and here I tend to see more Nikon DSLRs than Canons...
A lot of canons at here too, but more Sony and then Fuji(aps-c). I'v seen one pro who went full from 850 to Z6&7 and lenses to go with them. Then again many canon guys use still their same old DSLR and have not made that 'leap' and propably wont untill their camera dies on them. This is just a few examples as I don't personally know so many pro/enthusiast photographers.
10-13-2020, 05:59 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Nokishita posted some images (but not one with the card door in view )
Update your browser to use Google Drive - Google Drive Help

---------- Post added 13-10-20 at 15:02 ----------

and someone made this:

10-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm just waiting for either Sony or Nikon to release an APS-C mirrorless camera that equals or surpasses the D500....then I would consider going mirrorless.
10-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

^ Sony would have released something competitive by now if they were really dead set on conquering the APS-C mirrorless market. They've been doing mirrorless for the past +-7 years now. Their a6600 "flagship", if you could even call it that, is a cripple hammer joke. Their APS-C lens lineup is a joke too. Their main bread & butter is FF mirrorless. They basically want everyone to step up to FF. Nikon just started, but it seems like their placing most of their bets on FF mirrorless as well. Fujifilm might be the only one to offer some kind of D500 APS-C mirrorless equivalent in the long run, but who knows if that will ever happen.
10-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Fujifilm might be the only one to offer some kind of D500 APS-C mirrorless equivalent in the long run, but who knows if that will ever happen.
QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
I'm just waiting for either Sony or Nikon to release an APS-C mirrorless camera that equals or surpasses the D500....then I would consider going mirrorless.
Fuji has gone past the D500 in everything bar the buffer from my observation.

The next generation Fuji should take all before it.Next year with the X-H2.

10-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Fuji has gone past the D500 in everything bar the buffer from my observation.
Not in lens availability. Fuji has no native bare lens options to reach 600mm (or even 500mm) and I do not mean in "FF equivalence" either...so its not useful to me at all.
10-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Not in lens availability. Fuji has no native bare lens options to reach 600mm (or even 500mm) and I do not mean in "FF equivalence" either...so its not useful to me at all.
However,the AF adapters work like native lenses and go right up to the top end of the EF mount range.Plenty of third party support in there as well.

The Fuji 200mm f2.0 can be $tacked with 2x and 1.4x as well.Just one lens and 2 TCs give quite a range.
10-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #25
Veteran Member

However,the AF adapters work like native lenses and go right up to the top end of the EF mount range.Plenty of third party support in there as well.

The Fuji 200mm f2.0 can be $tacked with 2x and 1.4x as well.Just one lens and 2 TCs give quite a range.
I actually read the reviews of the Fringer EF to Fuji adapters and one of the complains was that AF wasn't as good as native. Someone even said AF didn't work at all on their 400mm f/4 DO Canon lens. Another person stated that the fit on some lenses was a little loose. I also sincerely doubt AF-C on the Fuji is much better than the D500. Let's face it, you can say whatever you wish but Fuji is not a great system for supertelephotos (which I actually shoot). And like I said, 200 with a 2x is only 400mm, which is totally useless for me.

Please don't get offended. I think Fuji cameras are great cameras from what I read. But for the vast majority of bird shooters, the D500 is just a far superior choice.
10-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #26
Pentaxian

My experience is with Fringer/Viltrox.Tamron G1 150/600,Sigma Sport 150/600,Canon L 70/300,Canon crop 55/250STM and Fuji 50/230 version 2(3 copies all good).I shoot birds when theres no surf.

With the latest Fuji bodies its all good,Ive observed a pro that I know with a D500.He has unlimited buffer due to the card thats in it.

Fuji shoots 20fps @ 26mp or 30 fps @16mp.Nikon is in the slow lane.

Fuji is streets ahead in moving pictures as well. The 300 and 500 primes are under development at the moment,in the meantime Canon covers that.

The other AF adapters Commelite,FotoDiox work well according to some reviewers.

Please don't get offended.
There are many opinions"out there"...who you believe is your choice.

Neither X series or D500 is perfect but highly capable with people who know how to get the most out of them.
10-13-2020, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

It seems to be quite a bit improvement over previous gen. From here Nikon don't really look dead quite yet. What ws surprising was that they will offer Blackmagic RAW (BRAW) with Z7II in future. Both cameras will have 12 bit video... that is quite something.
10-14-2020, 01:33 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
It seems to be quite a bit improvement over previous gen. From here Nikon don't really look dead quite yet. What ws surprising was that they will offer Blackmagic RAW (BRAW) with Z7II in future. Both cameras will have 12 bit video... that is quite something.
Seems like a lame cosmetic change.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2020 at 10:36 ----------

With the latest Fuji bodies its all good
Everyone agrees that Fuji AF is pretty much the worst of all mirrorless cameras. And poorly functioning adapters do not make the situation any better.
10-14-2020, 01:59 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Seems like a lame cosmetic change.[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added 14th Oct 2020 at 10:36 .
Alright. It is MK. II. Not that I have much in this game anyway. It is justinteresting..
10-14-2020, 02:12 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So some small improvements and an extra card slot. Eh, it puts the Nikon offerings at a more or less competitive level with Canon and Sony. The Z6ii is actually the one that got the better deal of the two options now IMO, 14 fps and roughly the same price as the previous model's going rate*. Unless you're printing huge (and by huge I mean A1 or so), 24 MP are plenty.

*Officially the same (indeed, both Z6 and Z6ii at $1996 on B&H); on Amazon.de the Z6 is currently selling for 1600€ with FTZ adapter and 2100€ if you toss in the 24-70/4, and the Z7 also has hefty discounts. I guess Nikon needs the inventory out.