Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
03-10-2021, 05:40 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Can someone explain to me what the repeated references to the Pentax K-01 at the end of that video are actually inferring? Are they just the desperately cheap anti-Pentax shot they seemed like to me, or am I missing something?

DPR have been dead to me for a log time, and now I feel a little dirty for having watched this....
I think he lost a bet and had to film the entire series with the decade-old K-01. He did a fine job with it too IMHO. I mentioned in another post a skilled craftsman knows how to work with the tools he has. Talent trumps gear.

03-10-2021, 06:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Looks like the D6 replacement arrived. Limited market like the Sony A1 and upcoming R1 (which will probably sell the most due to larger Canon userbase). When you look at pro sporting events the DSLR versions of these are pretty much all you see, usually mostly Canon 1DX mostly and some D5/6 in there. So whenever they wear them out this may be the replacement eventually.

It'll be cool when it trickles down into the lower lines of models. I'm wondering what "object detection AF" means and if they made a leap in AF tracking to best Canon. This thing has no effect on me now but maybe in 5 years when it's autofocus system and main board is in a Z5/6 iii
03-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have big hands, I actually get annoyed by the smaller and smaller bodies. Something like this with a big grip surface is great! One of the things I like about the K3 is the great body grip.
03-10-2021, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I have big hands, I actually get annoyed by the smaller and smaller bodies. Something like this with a big grip surface is great! One of the things I like about the K3 is the great body grip.
Yes, I do like the grip frame on the K-3 and the D750. None of these things are pocketable and all of them still require a decent size bag to tote them around with multiple lenses. The only ILC I have that's really actually a difference is the OMD Em10 ii with nonpro lenses, it's actually super compact and takes up a fraction of the space compared to the K-3 or Nikon's I own. But the EM1 line and pro lenses are not much better for the M43 system either in comparison to the EM10/5 line and cheaper lenses (the 40-150 is tiny and featherlight).

---------- Post added 03-10-2021 at 11:49 AM ----------

I have a feeling we're going to have a Z9/R1 and A1 all performing super close together in a year.