Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
27mm f/f adapter

I have a Zeiss Ikon Contessa that I’m looking forward to using. I’m on the list for a CLA, which is months away due to backlog but would like to try a few rolls of film first and I would like to adapt a filter or two to this camera.

The problem is the 27mm thread is male. I have a Walz A1 filter that has 27mm female thread to adapt to the lens, but projects a male 27mm on the other side (again, stuck with a male thread). So I’ve been looking for a 27mm female/female adapter but either I’m not entering the right search terms or it is truly hard to find. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Z

10-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HomeMadeSin Quote
The problem is the 27mm thread is male. I have a Walz A1 filter that has 27mm female thread to adapt to the lens, but projects a male 27mm on the other side (again, stuck with a male thread). So I’ve been looking for a 27mm female/female adapter but either I’m not entering the right search terms or it is truly hard to find. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
Are you sure it takes screw on filters and not a filter holder?

Steve
10-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but yes. In case you are still unconvinced, per the manual (props to M. Butkus of cameramanuals.org): "In order to obtain certain effects, you may screw ZEISS IKON color filters on the thread (4) of the lens (Ø 27mm)."
10-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but yes. In case you are still unconvinced, per the manual (props to M. Butkus of cameramanuals.org): "In order to obtain certain effects, you may screw ZEISS IKON color filters on the thread (4) of the lens (Ø 27mm)."
Sorry to have offended you. I was hoping to save you some effort. It is not unusual for unusual filter sizes/designs to have a filter holder as an option. At least that is how it is with my vintage folder. Since you already knew that you know where to look. If you can determine the pitch, you might be able to have an adapter made. There are also several online resources that specialize in hard to find filters and adapters. Google is our friend. Good luck.

Steve

10-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I usually don’t have this much difficulty in my communication skills, so I’ll apologize. I’ve tried Google quite a bit (hence the initial comment about using the proper search terms). Shame on me for not indicating “Google”.

I have to be somewhat careful in typing something with the terms “27” and “female/female”. Mostly I get pipe fittings (thankfully) but even including “lens” or “filter” didn’t improve my chances. Posting here was done AFTER trying as many appropriate search terms that I could think of, all to no avail. And honestly, I didn’t really realize that I wasn’t faring much worse in GoogleFu....

But thanks anyway.
10-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

But thanks anyway.
Apology accepted. Are you familiar with this site...

Tim Rice | Filterfind.net |Index

They have a good selection of unusual stuff including push-on holders for Series filters and various adapters.

Steve
10-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Cool site thank you. I don’t see a ringer but will take a deeper look!