Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2020, 08:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Sony alpha-K-mount adapter with af!

Is this for real? Are there any thread about it already?

https://www.facebook.com/SHOTENKOBO/posts/3109327569176441

10-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Now that would be something if it works! I first assumed it was for A-mount, but the lenses are on an E-mount A7.
10-28-2020, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
https://fb.watch/1piysC-hHJ/
10-28-2020, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Now that would be something if it works! I first assumed it was for A-mount, but the lenses are on an E-mount A7.
If I wanted to get a camera built by Sony, I would have purchased a camera built by Sony, but I find the ergonomics of my KP to be much better than anything from Sony I have looked at.

10-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And if finding used Pentax lens ain't hard enough already.
10-28-2020, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

??

English translation available. Not sure why it shows as question marks. This is the url:

m.weibo.cn/status/Jrhvlz3Ao?jumpfrom=weibocom

Add https:// in front of this.

Contents:

QuoteQuote:
On October 28, 2020, Monster Adapter (Magic Ring) was pleased to release LA-KE1 electronic adapter ring products.
The LA-KE1 mount has a built-in iris and dual focus motors. It is the world's first K-mount autofocus electronic adapter. Pentax brand KAF series mount lenses can be transferred to Sony E-mount micro-single cameras, and support KAF series mount lenses including EXIF ​​transfer, autofocus and aperture control, etc. most functions.

Features of Monster Adapter LA-KE1:
1. The world's first K-mount autofocus adapter ring. Let the K-mount lens realize autofocus and automatic exposure control on the E-mount mirrorless camera;
2. The full-frame design brings more than 10 modern full-frame digital bodies for the K-mount AF lens;
3. The lens release True potential. Through the powerful focusing ability and focusing accuracy of the mirrorless camera, the true sharpness of the lens can be displayed. You will be amazed by the stunning performance of the lens in your hand;
4. The powerful continuous focus function, through AI recognition, allows the K lens to continuously track the target.
5. Close to full-screen focus point coverage.
6. Human eye focus/pet focus.
7. High-speed continuous shooting and focusing. From K-1’s 4.4 frames per second to at least 10 frames per second, you won’t miss the wonderful moments.

The main features of LA-KE1:
1. The adapter is compatible with KAF, KAF2, KAF3, and KAF4 lenses*1;
2. The lens model can be identified and EXIF ​​information can be transmitted to the body;
3. The adapter has a built-in aperture motor that can support exposure Aperture control*2;
4. The adapter has a built-in focus motor, which can support auto-focusing of a body-driven lens;
5. After the adapter, the lens can achieve hundreds of focus points and eye tracking on the Sony body. Functions not available or restricted on mount cameras*3
6. Due to the noise and power consumption of the old lens, this adapter is specially designed for photography and photography and is not optimized for video recording.

LA-KE1 has now entered the internal testing stage and plans to be available within this year. Please pay attention to the follow-up update of Mohuan's official website Weibo for information on lens support, time to market and price.

*1: In the early days of the market, the adapter will mainly support early body-driven autofocus and traditional lever aperture lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series). In the future, support for lenses with built-in motors (SDM, DC) and electromagnetic iris lenses will be gradually added through the adapter firmware update. The specific support time will be notified separately; the A and M series lenses before KAF are not supported by this adapter;
*2: If the lens has an aperture ring, the aperture ring needs to be placed in the A position when using it. Otherwise, the adapter will enter MF mode and cannot focus automatically;
*3: Depends on the performance of the body, please refer to the camera manual for details.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 10-28-2020 at 10:29 AM.
10-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be curious to see how well this works with the Sony crop bodies also.

10-28-2020, 10:38 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Color me interested when they have a Fuji X-mount to KAFx adapter. I like the story of what this thing can do, curious how great it really is, especially regarding AF qualities.
10-28-2020, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Color me interested when they have a Fuji X-mount to KAFx adapter. I like the story of what this thing can do, curious how great it really is, especially regarding AF qualities.
Ooooh, that would be special. I have an x-e1 and a budget that stretches to zero X mount lenses (I have an MF K-X adapter with the aperture control ring and a cheap M42 adapter)
10-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmentera Quote
If anyone is wondering this is short clip of it racking the focus with the 77mm f/1.8 Ltd

It sounds rather quiet for screwdrive. And proves it can drive it.

Thank you for linking the clip, mrmentera.

I've been wondering when we'd see K mount AF adapters for MILC's released. Now to wait for actual performance reviews
10-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If I wanted to get a camera built by Sony, I would have purchased a camera built by Sony, but I find the ergonomics of my KP to be much better than anything from Sony I have looked at.
I´ve been hoarding K-mount lenses through the years and I´ve been waiting for a Pentax with descent video, with ibis and advanced autofocus. So I only have to spend money for one camera. If Fujifilm can do it, why not Pentax? It doesn´t decrease quality for stills. I thought the new flagship aps-c would have theese videofunctions so I could sell my Panasonic GH5. It doesn´t seem so and the price is huge.

The adapter is first aimed at screwdrive and mechanical aperturecontrol. That seems logical cause thats not protected by licenses? The electronic steering is all about software and more suiteable for autofocus during video.
10-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh my.

This would be a game changer for many of us. I too am hoping for a K to X mount version of this.
10-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a little skeptical that SDM and DC lens will be added later through firmware. It's interesting to see how this will work. There's very mixed reviews on many autofocus adapters, but of course those not made by this company.
10-28-2020, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If anyone is wondering this is short clip of it racking the focus with the 77mm f/1.8 Ltd

It sounds rather quiet for screwdrive. And proves it can drive it.

Thank you for linking the clip, mrmentera.

I've been wondering when we'd see K mount AF adapters for MILC's released. Now to wait for actual performance reviews
The performance seems a bit slower than a modern Pentax DSLR, so the sound ís not as high pitch as on a Pentax camera. But as it not a final product the performance may change.

It is an interesting product for sure, but for me the most interesting features are camera controlled aperture and EXIF transfer.
I mainly use mirrorless for the enjoyment of manual focus,

It is a pity it does not support A-series lenses, only AF lenses.
10-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As the other post on this topic carries more product information, we'll close this thread and continue the discussion there: The world's first PK-FE autofocus transfer ring - PentaxForums.com

threadclosed
Closed Thread