Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2020, 03:19 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
$ony Next FF.50mp and 8K.

Canons R5 has been answered by $ony.

According to Nokishita a new body will be announced first quarter next year.

Expect a U$D 5000ish price tag.[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by surfar; 12-08-2020 at 03:34 AM.
12-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Let the competition begin.

I'm still wondering how the a7IV will turn out.
12-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'm still wondering how the a7IV will turn out.
$ony have 3 bodies registered,next A7 may be amongst them?
12-08-2020, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

The 50MP camera will likely be the A9III. I expect the A7IV to have at least a 36MP sensor. Hopefully they focus on a better LCD screen with a more refined user friendly menu. I would also appreciate more accurate focus peaking.

12-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Prince Harbinger Quote
The 50MP camera will likely be the A9III. I expect the A7IV to have at least a 36MP sensor. Hopefully they focus on a better LCD screen with a more refined user friendly menu. I would also appreciate more accurate focus peaking.
They purposely kept basic A7 (I, II, III) at 24mp. A7 R's have been going up (higher).
The screen resolution and menu is just fine, have zero complains about it. Same with focus peaking, I only shoot manual (and most of it is very fast glass) and have never had issue with focus peaking not being accurate and have owned 9 various A7 series cameras over the years. If anything A7 has the most accurate focus peaking then any other camera I've used. It's straight forward and simple, if it's highlighted then it's in focus, no other way around it.
12-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes,word is first one will be A9lll which will include the same menu as A7Slll.Same EVF too.

No hints at this stage about MP numbers in A7iv,most bottom end FF have twenty something.Whether this changes or not,next year will reveal.
12-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
They purposely kept basic A7 (I, II, III) at 24mp. A7 R's have been going up (higher).
The screen resolution and menu is just fine, have zero complains about it. Same with focus peaking, I only shoot manual (and most of it is very fast glass) and have never had issue with focus peaking not being accurate and have owned 9 various A7 series cameras over the years. If anything A7 has the most accurate focus peaking then any other camera I've used. It's straight forward and simple, if it's highlighted then it's in focus, no other way around it.
They likely kept it at a lower resolution for noise control. Any higher than mid 30's MP and it will start to outresolve older adapted glass. Your claims are a first. I know a lot of people that have had issues with that, and have been asking for improvements for the longest. I have since turned it off. I personally prefer the zoom feature now.

---------- Post added 12-08-20 at 02:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes,word is first one will be A9lll which will include the same menu as A7Slll.Same EVF too.

No hints at this stage about MP numbers in A7iv,most bottom end FF have twenty something.Whether this changes or not,next year will reveal.
Hopefully they'll be worthy upgrades. 2021 is around the corner. We'll see soon enough.

12-08-2020, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

I also have issues with focus peaking accuracy and always need to use zoom to be certain I’m dead on, especially with fast glass. It’s fine for product and landscape photography, but I wouldn’t dare trust it for portrait or motion. The AF is spectacular. Having some more Mpx would be great for cropping.
12-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Here's a page in this very section. The Sony A7 series picture thread -- bring your base, S, and R pics here! - Page 10 - PentaxForums.com

I'm using 50mm f0.95 lenses with focus peaking, it does not get any shallower then that and nearly all of my shots taken with those lenses were spot on, focus peaking and all.
Magnified or zoom in feature is useless for faster or moving subject.
12-08-2020, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Here's a page in this very section. The Sony A7 series picture thread -- bring your base, S, and R pics here! - Page 10 - PentaxForums.com

I'm using 50mm f0.95 lenses with focus peaking, it does not get any shallower then that and nearly all of my shots taken with those lenses were spot on, focus peaking and all.
Magnified or zoom in feature is useless for faster or moving subject.
Sounds like you are implying that focus peaking helped you nail focus at F/0.95, and a fast moving subject. I liked your samples but with all due respect. Your subjects weren't sprinting. As far as something more shallow than F/0.95 try F/0.85 with a speed booster.

Last edited by Prince Harbinger; 12-08-2020 at 09:53 PM.
12-08-2020, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Sounds like you are implying that focus peaking helped you nail focus at F/0.95, and a fast moving subject. As far as something more shallow than F/0.95 try F/0.85 with a speed booster.
Yes, focus peaking worked just like it was designed to, no complaints.
If anything, my main go to cameras are A7 series (own A7 classic, 7S and R II), own many other cameras including DSLR's and it's focus peaking that made me mainly switch to mirrorless vs DSLR, when it comes to manual glass and DSLR, it's not a enjoyable experience, split prism and all.

Speedboosters are for cropped sensors. They won't make .095 lens any faster on FF.

Here they are sprinting (40mm manual lens, focus peaking).

Last edited by fiveseven; 12-08-2020 at 10:07 PM.
12-09-2020, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Yes, focus peaking worked just like it was designed to, no complaints.
If anything, my main go to cameras are A7 series (own A7 classic, 7S and R II), own many other cameras including DSLR's and it's focus peaking that made me mainly switch to mirrorless vs DSLR, when it comes to manual glass and DSLR, it's not a enjoyable experience, split prism and all.

Speedboosters are for cropped sensors. They won't make .095 lens any faster on FF.

Here they are sprinting (40mm manual lens, focus peaking).

Nice examples.🙂 You might want to get a ND filter for those bright sunny days. The fastest lens ever made is a Zeiss planar F/0.7 Here's a interesting video about it.
12-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Damn, that is a seriously good video.
12-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am quite happy at the release of these cameras. So much awesome technology and so many people thinking older cameras are obsolete...means I'll be able to snag some awesome used deals in the next few years!