Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
I have read that Matani was not happy with it and felt the engineering team had cut too many corners.
I have read a lot of the Maitani reports but have not seen one with this perspective. Could you provide a link if you have it?

12-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Here is a link to the discussion thread when I purchased my OM-1. It came with an OM-2 and OM-10. All from the original owner.

Hopefully I can get the seal kits this coming month and take them for a spin. Mine did not come with the nice little plug for the flash port, and with the wear mark you could tell it had the flash mount, so I have a replacement on its way.

What is the plural form of Olympus? - PentaxForums.com
that was a very serious Buy, I don't usually run across deals like that
01-02-2021, 06:09 AM   #33

Original Poster
Look what I found! was it worth $250? In my opinion yes since I don't look forward to too much in life now. I fitted my plastic Advance lever plastic piece to this one and it's a perfect match so now I just have to find a donor one. Light meter works and functions great. Serial number 122124. Externally exact as my om1 except for the mount behind the camera lens, the M1 uses flat screwdriver screws while the OM1 uses Phillips head

Last edited by legendofkane; 01-02-2021 at 08:07 AM.
01-02-2021, 09:34 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by legendofkane Quote
Look what I found! was it worth $250? In my opinion yes since I don't look forward to too much in life now. I fitted my plastic Advance lever plastic piece to this one and it's a perfect match so now I just have to find a donor one. Light meter works and functions great. Serial number 122124. Externally exact as my om1 except for the mount behind the camera lens, the M1 uses flat screwdriver screws while the OM1 uses Phillips head
Pics please.

01-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I have read a lot of the Maitani reports but have not seen one with this perspective. Could you provide a link if you have it?
Hi Les, nice Nikons by the way......I went over my stored material and I cant find the article I read. I can recall the article as it was related go the escapement gear in the floor of the mirror box and it stated that the way the gear was set up in that location was one of the reasons Maitani disliked the final design.
Thats would seem an odd reason to dislike it as Maitani was reputed to like the Leica approach to things and apparenty thats where Leica put their escapements....dont know that for a fact never having owned a Leica much less messed about with one taking it to bits.
I cant find the article but as I generally only keep articles which are of use for repair thats not surpising. I did a quick search on links I have but cant find it but was definitely on a repair forum related to jammed slow speeds.