02-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pocketable 6K,a bit of BlackMagic!

For video shooters, you have an update.From 1:20:15

02-18-2021, 12:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks good! Maybe! One of my 4K is going to have a petamorphose to 6K pro. That batterylife is now looking good! Especially with grip. I like new eyepeace and ND too
02-18-2021, 12:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
That looks good! Maybe! One of my 4K is going to have a petamorphose to 6K pro. That batterylife is now looking good! Especially with grip. I like new eyepeace and ND too
They are progressing at a nice rate, reasonably affordable and they give you a full copy of the editing programme when you buy a new camera.

150 million lenses to choose from isn't too bad either.
02-18-2021, 03:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
They are progressing at a nice rate, reasonably affordable and they give you a full copy of the editing programme when you buy a new camera.

150 million lenses to choose from isn't too bad either.
I like pocket 4K and this seems to have most things buggin me solved and more!

It is going to be interesting to see what else is coming out. Iív been eyeing more advanced Cine camera than my pocket4K and that sequence is getting more and more wide. I was just looking at Sony A7S3 and FX6 and canon C70. Mind you that my one preference would be BM G2 if Iíd go to that class.

This does make some of those camera not needed. Except for connectivity. And AF, If that would be important. Iím not in hurry. Just payed off my last purchases and there is COVID and all. But it is interesting times. (IMO high quality 4K is still plenty)

02-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
(IMO high quality 4K is still plenty)
Yes, I agree.Most people could even use ordinary 4K like what's coming in K3/3.

Fast forward 5 years and 8K will be available for broadcast most places and the TVs will be a reasonable price.Paying for 8K now isn't good economics but some extreme demanding minds will have to have it.
02-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Yes, I agree.Most people could even use ordinary 4K like what's coming in K3/3.

Fast forward 5 years and 8K will be available for broadcast most places and the TVs will be a reasonable price.Paying for 8K now isn't good economics but some extreme demanding minds will have to have it.
How many yrs 4K has been for sale now. Still only paid things like movies are available as UHD so far. And you’ll need darn good internet or downloaded(no one has DVD anymore?) material to be able to have a look. So I’ll raise you 5 yrs and even then 4 K is enough. But yes.

8 K is coming. At some point.

Edit: I hope K-3III 4 K has good enough quality, which it should. I’m planning to use it for that small part of material I can’t shoot/is not needed to have a proper machine like this new Pocket 6K for.

And I’m super thrilled about that EVF they have made. In bright situations and when you just want to see with your eye the scene to remove disturbing elements that is the way to go. This has been bugging me with 4K version many times..and to get that with G2 you’d have to shell 1250€ for it.

Last edited by repaap; 02-18-2021 at 11:46 AM.
02-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So I’ll raise you 5 yrs and even then 4 K is enough.
Tech accelerates at alarming rates, looking to the past is totally irrelevant.

By the end of 2022 all top end cameras will have 8K,excluding Pentax of course.They trail in video by a long way.

02-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Tech accelerates at alarming rates, looking to the past is totally irrelevant.

By the end of 2022 all top end cameras will have 8K,excluding Pentax of course.They trail in video by a long way.
6K will be first. (And for many it is here via atomos) now we both know Pentax is not video oriented and they brought 4K just because it was kind of needed.

Still. I know that when it is -reasonable- people like my brothers who have too much money and are tech driven will buy 8 K telly. As big as they can. I say this with no offence, I get it. But most people will still find the ívalueí of their UHD HDR(still no programs for that) or something similar adequate.

Yes tech is going fast BM 12 K is one example and many companyes will drag behind for yrs trying to get even 8 K.

Problem will be the tech around it especially for normal artists creating already 4K material(Iím happy with 1080 still even if I shoot 4 K). It is even too much for Facebook/Instagram/youtube. And that is a fact.

Anyway. 6K on this and previous BM should be good. It is the ífuture proofí content, but really it is there just for marketing reasons. Still more usable than 8 K at hands today, which is not something anywhere special other than it is 8K.

Letís see 8K 4.2.2 or 4.4.4 and atleast 12 bit colour. This is where 4K is spanking 8K . As is 6K . Sure tech goes fast. It is perfect for sucking last pennut out of you. I just purhased 20 TB storage. Cheap, only 1000Ä but it is slow. Fast enough for 4K. Storage which Iím looking next will be atleast double in price. But just 32 TB. Why. Because it is faster. Let us see how much itíll be in year or so when this drive is hopefully nearly full. When I shoot for money, I have to store that stuff for the future and one gig can take 2-4 Tb. So far that has been the case and I shoot prores 4.2.2. Not braw.