02-23-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sony FX3

Well its an A7S3 in a different body.

02-24-2021, 01:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sony A7SIII is a nice video camera. This is more video camera that that. Yes, innards from A7SIII but many things going forward to cine -line of cameras from Sony. And it has a fan to prevent heating even at 4K60, which leads to believe that this can be quite hot with A7SIII for longer period of time when shooting. That digital SR seems good, but it will remain to be seen how good it is and how much cropping is needed.

good option for more pro video with smaller budget. And before one says anythign about cheaper versions and more than okay 4K options in hybrid cameras. we know that.
02-24-2021, 03:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
video camera
Sony provide some variation from the parts bin.

Its cage is built into the body in a smallish form factor, So they are just changing the facade and the rest is marketing.

If the rumour of S-cinetone coming to A7s3 happens then adding a cage and having the EVF is a more attractive buy, imo.

---------- Post added 02-24-21 at 09:47 PM ----------

longer period of time when shooting.
One reviewer said Sony had tested and got 13 hours shooting, not with one battery, not sure about the cards.There wasn't any clarification on what they were shooting, whether 4K...1080...4K at 120.

Scrutiny will happen when its out in general use.

longer period of time when shooting.
One reviewer said Sony had tested and got 13 hours shooting, not with one battery, not sure about the cards.There wasn't any clarification on what they were shooting, whether 4K...1080...4K at 120.

02-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Sony provide some variation from the parts bin.

Its cage is built into the body in a smallish form factor, So they are just changing the facade and the rest is marketing.

If the rumour of S-cinetone coming to A7s3 happens then adding a cage and having the EVF is a more attractive buy, imo.

Sure! What I do like with these are those multiple holes on top to place accessories to, and the fact that it comes with handle for audio. I'm not sure if you will be able to get proper audio with out the grip if needed recorded to camera or you need to have external recorder(like FX6). They do use part bin for sure. But to my eye this looks better than A7SIII which must be great hybrid, but photos are for social media mostly(which is okay, not great, but okay). I'd rather have just great movie cam in this size.

Now there are high uality options and I'm not actually yet in 4,8K € range actually my self. More like 2500(hello BM6K, or Sigma FP(for even smaller factor and quite nice video)) Let us see. Good times when much things popping out.

02-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
the rumour of S-cinetone coming to A7s3
Firmware issued today .So the choice of FX3 versus A7S3 is a built in cage V the EVF.

The EVF option is better(imo),you can buy a cage very cheaply and add it for those times you are doing video.
02-26-2021, 12:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Firmware issued today .So the choice of FX3 versus A7S3 is a built in cage V the EVF.

The EVF option is better(imo),you can buy a cage very cheaply and add it for those times you are doing video.
It is fixed EVF. Yes. Better, but not much. And back screen /lcd display is not nearly enough many times when shooting outside. Still fixed EVF is almost as restricting in video as is fixed back screen(really liking what BM6K has now). Flippy screen is nice, but it is not enough either especially if it is sunny.

About cages. I actually like them because it is like insurance. And they are handy, but still good/great holes and flat surfaces are generally good for gear like this where rigging is used now and then. This must be why FX6 and 3 has more of them. Pro guys are asking for it.

There are things video guys need and me too such as tally lights. Very handy when you are shooting performance/show/etc. When performer want to know and see which camera is on and is it on already/still. This has been asked from me couple times and for example tally light on my BM4K is not bright enough for some places.

I’m looking, not in hurry. My 2 BMP4K are fine for what I do, but things can change. And I might be in market for small proper video system.
02-26-2021, 12:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It is fixed EVF. Yes. Better, but not much. And back screen /lcd display is not nearly enough many times when shooting outside. Still fixed EVF is almost as restricting in video as is fixed back screen(really liking what BM6K has now). Flippy screen is nice, but it is not enough either especially if it is sunny.

About cages. I actually like them because it is like insurance. And they are handy, but still good/great holes and flat surfaces are generally good for gear like this where rigging is used now and then. This must be why FX6 and 3 has more of them. Pro guys are asking for it.

There are things video guys need and me too such as tally lights. Very handy when you are shooting performance/show/etc. When performer want to know and see which camera is on and is it on already/still. This has been asked from me couple times and for example tally light on my BM4K is not bright enough for some places.

I’m looking, not in hurry. My 2 BMP4K are fine for what I do, but things can change. And I might be in market for small proper video system.
And back screen /lcd display is not nearly enough
Its poor when you consider the price of the camera.

It is fixed EVF. Yes. Better, but not much.
9million dots not enough?

02-26-2021, 12:35 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Its poor when you consider the price of the camera.

9million dots not enough?
I’m not talking about dots. I’m talking about looking angle. You can’t lift it. If you want to be on top of the camera. (This is the good thing about flippy screen. Ofcourse one could get something like external EVF too for FX3 as there is one for Z-cam. Point of these VF is that you can turn it if you want to be at the side slightly looking down while you are shooting forward from lower position. If you can’t do that it is pointless for even more of points or less.