Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
then look at jumping up to medium format which at this rate will soon be less costly than FF.
Thats already the case,Fuji 50R can be had for U$D 3000ish new, down from 4500 RRP a couple of years ago.

With the AF adapters available and FF lenses that cover 33x44,its a viable option.

03-07-2021, 02:18 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
For wildlife medium format really isn’t a great option and sports and wildlife is what the R1 is made for.

I’m hoping when the R1 is officially announced and released they may also have a 600/4 RF, that is more likely where my money will go.
03-07-2021, 06:12 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
they may also have a 600/4 RF
03-08-2021, 02:53 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Simon's logic will be very close to the mark.

03-08-2021, 03:56 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Afull amount of BS. That is what these video are all about. My god. And Sorry about that. But I just literally wasted 15 minutes. Do you know what. I agree with Simon. That 85 MP and non overheating 8K quadpixel AF is just a weird wishlist. That is all. Nikon is oming up with 8K and other specs big boys are puttin out there. But this one has to be for serious shooting in order to get those old 1DX models out of pro's hands and replace them by this. As well as sell to those guys new big whiteones. I'd say very good 4K and lower mp, like 45? or even 30? to get shooting on the very next level. and have 1DX body on it as well. And that is it. no big drama. no overheat, no sweat. State of art AF with very fast shooting. They don't want to go on the thin ice, do they...(sorry Mike)..
03-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
SomeOne believes!

Its a Toneh video only,Chelseh was too embarrassed to be part of it.

I wonder how many of their disciples will believe?

03-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I'm betting when the dust settles we will have 3 super expensive cameras in the R1 A1 and Z9 that are all super close in specs and AF performance.

03-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Yeah. Let the dust settle. We will find out what will happen then. It could be that canonR1 will be going for super high specs. Z9 the same? It will be interesting to see what happens next.
03-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
we will have 3 super expensive cameras in the R1 A1 and Z9
Yes,so the Ricoh Flagship will be Cheeep! Obviously,the delay is a ploy by RI to wait till the leaked astronomical prices appear.Then point out how inexpensive it is compared to FF!

So Pentax comes back to Bang4Buck.
03-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Afull amount of BS. That is what these video are all about. My god. And Sorry about that. But I just literally wasted 15 minutes. Do you know what. I agree with Simon. That 85 MP and non overheating 8K quadpixel AF is just a weird wishlist. That is all. Nikon is oming up with 8K and other specs big boys are puttin out there. But this one has to be for serious shooting in order to get those old 1DX models out of pro's hands and replace them by this. As well as sell to those guys new big whiteones. I'd say very good 4K and lower mp, like 45? or even 30? to get shooting on the very next level. and have 1DX body on it as well. And that is it. no big drama. no overheat, no sweat. State of art AF with very fast shooting. They don't want to go on the thin ice, do they...(sorry Mike)..
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

Its a Toneh video only,Chelseh was too embarrassed to be part of it.

I wonder how many of their disciples will believe?

https://youtu.be/RRrRtVtaPlI
Are you guys saying this is all fake news?
03-10-2021, 01:25 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Yes,so the Ricoh Flagship will be Cheeep! Obviously,the delay is a ploy by RI to wait till the leaked astronomical prices appear.Then point out how inexpensive it is compared to FF!

So Pentax comes back to Bang4Buck.
At least all this will trickle down into the 2000 and below body's in a few years for the rest of us. I actually hope Nikon/Canon and Sony just go 33% of market each so we get cheaper better cameras with them trying to outperform each other once it trickles into the lower end gear. Pentax will Pentax and release when they're ready with a solid offer.
03-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Are you guys saying this is all fake news?
Well,some of it is very likely not real.

However,some could be very close to fact,Canon have been developing QuadPixel AF for a while, so what better way to launch than in a Flagship body.

The 9steps of stabilisation,they have 8 already with the fastest glass,So it may be possible as there could be surprise glass too?

AS it stands,the Spec info comes from a "unknown source" on a rumour site.The chances of 100% accuracy is questionable.
03-10-2021, 03:05 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Well,some of it is very likely not real.

However,some could be very close to fact,Canon have been developing QuadPixel AF for a while, so what better way to launch than in a Flagship body.

The 9steps of stabilisation,they have 8 already with the fastest glass,So it may be possible as there could be surprise glass too?

AS it stands,the Spec info comes from a "unknown source" on a rumour site.The chances of 100% accuracy is questionable.
I'm betting top of the line AF, lower megapixel sensor, maybe something based off R5 as that's a good sensor. Great video capability with no overheating and maybe pushing 8k more? or slow-mo 4k. Probably like an enhanced R5 with a bit better specs across the board.

I'm really really curious if Nikon ups its AF game and makes this exciting. Not that I'll buy any of these but it's fun to watch them compete and it'll shape the future less expensive cameras.
03-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
Probably like an enhanced R5 with a bit better specs across the board.
Thats a good bet!

The plausible rumours prior to this "out there" bunch of specs, was an R5 in IDX size body.Cooling fan for longer 8K recording of course.

Another plausible one was about the HI res, body that they dubbed R5 S...85mp coming from the wafer that is in M6mk2 and 90D.

This latest spec "speculation" seems to have combined these and added some...Ha Ha.

With Nikons Z9 development statement, it could force Canon to reveal exactly what's coming?
03-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Thats a good bet!

The plausible rumours prior to this "out there" bunch of specs, was an R5 in IDX size body.Cooling fan for longer 8K recording of course.

Another plausible one was about the HI res, body that they dubbed R5 S...85mp coming from the wafer that is in M6mk2 and 90D.

This latest spec "speculation" seems to have combined these and added some...Ha Ha.

With Nikons Z9 development statement, it could force Canon to reveal exactly what's coming?
Canon will be smart and wait for the Nikon hype to die down then strike I bet. I mean I'd be excited as a pro Canon user. And for everyone else it's like a preview of a future RP down the line. Canon's been on a roll lately. If they had sealed that 24-240 I would have an R6, not joking. They almost got me. Nikon weather sealing ftw lol. Same way Pentax got me. I don't like not being able to use my cameras because it's a little wet or dusty outside.