Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2022, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Not sure where you're at but my local shop and Canon USA has the 5.2 in stock. It and the 100 2.8 macro seem to be the only RF lenses that didn't sell out right away everywhere.
I'm at Finland. The shop where I did ask did send me e-mail that she could not find copy for me from anywhere a Finland, and they have 2 guys in line before me. This is what they did say, I'll take their word...regardless. Even R5C should be in shelves with in 2 weeks(shipment coming) And they said I could get RF 5,2 soon, but it can take months(we are a bit pessimistic here at Finland, rather that than making empty promises).

I'm looking forward actually this. R5 was great with video, but it was lacking(and heating up). Now for this money this R5C is on top of it's class, pretty much and it is true 'hybrid' too. That RF 5,2 was the thing what does bring me in with Canon, compared to other similar cameras. So much looking forward to try it out my self.

04-29-2022, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

First impression from R5 C. Amazing camera for video, it is exactly what it says in the paggage. I actually like fixed sensor. I have one lens with IS and that + e stabilise seems to work quite well. No warpy/ jelly edges like my Panasonic S5 had(yuck)(it is going in when they have that RF 5.2 for sale. Not going to miss that camera, at all.

Pretty nice for stills too. Don’t know how come 45 MP raw is almost as fast to process as 26 MP from my K-3III? Perhaps it is packed differently? And yes, it was the ‘bigger RAW’ … EVF is way better than Panasonic but we knew that. Still I get sore eyes, but it is not bad. Still going to keep my K-3III. BTW it’s AF is not much worse, which is something. Going to build up canon set, I did get EF-R adapter with variable ND and with one EF lens I’v got so far, it seems to work as it should. Perhaps some more RF lenses coming along later, but for video this is better to have good control(they should have made that wheel a bit bigger thou for that ND. Just a tad…

Yeah. Video files are superb and options are not holding me back. So I’m happy with decisions I’v made.
04-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Couple of photos and there is also one video(in finnish) at flickr.

just couple of shots from getting to work and when I got back. Looking forward to really put this through places
05-12-2022, 06:00 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Limiteds and also DFA lenses seem to work as well as they do with K-1. As suspected. Now RF5.2 dual FE is very cool lens! Just couple of test shots prove that it is extremely sharp even wide open! Wow. Going to take it with me at gig tomorrow and try it out. I did already inform the customer about new possibilities and they are excited about it too let’s see what happens. Seems that my computer is just fine with 8K RAW, but propably going to shoot 4K all-i with wide gammut. Not so many oculus that exceeds 2000X2000 /eye.. lol..

05-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

There are many reviews, its not the perfect camera BUT its getting very close.
05-13-2022, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgFC-cW3G0

There are many reviews, its not the perfect camera BUT its getting very close.
I did have a look of some reviews haven’t seen this one… I was drawn into this because of the 3D 180 VR which is quite unique with this lens. As we can see. Knowing that I’ll get also quite good not just video camera but also photography tool.

I really like the fact that it has actually real switch for photo|video. And it has great tools for both. More so it is cinema camera, as it has also true 24P and with highest bitrate it does look very nice.

Dunno if I’d need anything ‘better’ I think that this best one…for me

(Still, for photography for my pleasure, K-3III will be in my bag, if I can afford to keep it. Even this very good EVF does hurt my eyes and I’m still quite cautious with this camera. Compared to Pentax which I’m not afraid to take with me everywhere…)
05-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #37
Pentaxian

More that I'm shooting with R5C more I like it. works like dream with my FA limiteds too. I did shoot video with these lenses also and electronic stabilising does work quite well actually. If you need to shoot hand held and you need to do it 'now' it is IMHO quit impressing. Works well with canon lenses too, naturally, but not much worse/same with any other lens. I'v tried DFA 15-30(easy) FA 31, FA 77, (no problem, shaky a bit but looks quite natural.) Ofcourse in lens sabilisaion is best for hand held. all in all, impressive. It is not the camera that I can blame from now on... photos looks amazing too.