Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2021, 12:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone got a chance to try the MonsterAdapter yet?

As title says,

MonsterAdapter released the Pentax K to Sony E mount converter today. Didn't see a thread on it so here we are.

In the off chance you've been out of the loop, here's what I'm referring to: MonsterAdapter - Hello World! | Facebook

04-16-2021, 12:44 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
As title says,

MonsterAdapter released the Pentax K to Sony E mount converter today. Didn't see a thread on it so here we are.

In the off chance you've been out of the loop, here's what I'm referring to: MonsterAdapter - Hello World! | Facebook
I think this is posted on the wrong forum website. If it had been a Sony E to Pentax K-mount I would have understood it ! (If Sony lenses are of a sub par quality that you need to get a Pentax lens for a good result, why not buy a Pentax camera as well?)
04-16-2021, 03:03 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
I think this is posted on the wrong forum website. If it had been a Sony E to Pentax K-mount I would have understood it ! (If Sony lenses are of a sub par quality that you need to get a Pentax lens for a good result, why not buy a Pentax camera as well?)
Because many of us like our Pentax lenses and also have Sony bodies.
04-16-2021, 03:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Short sighted opinion. There are legitimate reasons to own a Sony body even if you're invested in the Pentax system, such as far superior video capabilities.

04-16-2021, 05:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will be very happy to test it once it comes out. For now there's no official release date.
04-16-2021, 05:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If it will work without problems than probably Sony will sell one more A7 family member.
04-16-2021, 06:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
If it will work without problems than probably Sony will sell one more A7 family member.
Yah the question is how good will the autofocus be. Also wish it were WR but whatever.

04-16-2021, 06:41 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Is this supposed to give you AF and program modes? The B&H site has it for sale but gives no info whatsoever.
04-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Is this supposed to give you AF and program modes? The B&H site has it for sale but gives no info whatsoever.
Yes. But screwdrive AF only at launch. They are promising SDM in a firmware update. The early release seems to be for people who really want to spend $400+ to use the FA Limiteds. It does not work with manual Focus lenses.
04-16-2021, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Short sighted opinion. There are legitimate reasons to own a Sony body even if you're invested in the Pentax system, such as far superior video capabilities.
I happen to share the same myopic perspective, at least in regard to placement. The thread is about an accessory for Sony E cameras and is only tangentially related to the lenses it adapts and belongs in the non-Pentax area of the site. Sony owners and potential Sony owners are the only subset of forum members that have an interest in the device. Put it in the non-Pentax area and it will enjoy the usual spirited discussion. Put it here and it will get somewhat less attention.

IMHO, anyway...

Steve
04-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Yes. But screwdrive AF only at launch. They are promising SDM in a firmware update. The early release seems to be for people who really want to spend $400+ to use the FA Limiteds. It does not work with manual Focus lenses.
Ah yes, promises. Let's see how that works out.
04-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
The only legitimate reason to own a Sony body is if you bought it and did not find it fallen from a lorry! Hope you noticed the big grin!

Last edited by AfterPentax Mark II; 04-16-2021 at 12:58 PM. Reason: missing it inserted
04-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If i see this reply in that topic, it says enough for me, STAY AWAY !!

QuoteQuote:
A7II BRICKED: While verifying A-mount lenses with my LA-EA4r (v4.0 firmware) my A7II bricked - the camera will not ‘turn on’. The red I/O led flickers briefly when turning the camera on as the camera verifies the memory card but there is no further response - nothing on the display and no lens activity. Besides the A7II and the ‘monster’ adapter, the lens involved was an A-mount Sigma 70-300 DG (this lens is one of a few third-party lenses that have image stabilization in the lens). I had previously tried 7 other a-mount lenses without incident. I attached the Sigma 70-300 and it focused but the aperture setting did not display (shutter speed did display). I’ve seen this behavior before and was able to clear it by reattaching the lens to reset the contacts. I released the lens from the adapter, turned the camera off, and reattached the lens. The camera was unresponsive when I turned it back on (no racking of the lens) and it has been dead since then, with and without the LA-EA4r). I have removed the battery to allow any internal charge to dissipate but no luck. Has anyone else seen this or anything like it? Any tips on things to try to diagnose the camera?
04-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thread moved. It's more about adapting to Sony bodies, rather than Pentax lenses per se.