Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2021, 05:52 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by doroth2 Quote
Hi! I have been absent from the forum for a long time!

I currently have a K1-ii which was a gift from my amazing husband when we had our third child. Alas, juggling the K1 and 3 children has proven next to impossible. I am getting ready to list it for sale, as it is just too big. I am keeping my old K3 body and some lenses, but thinking about investing in a mirrorless body that will hopefully get a little more use. Can anyone recommend a good mirrorless to go to coming from the world of Pentax? I love Pentax for the ease of use and intuitive menu systems etc. I will do lots of research on my own, but thought this community might be a good place to start. Thanks for all your input!

Hello! I was there few months ago.

I own Pentax KP and now Pentax K-1 as well. I love them and don't want to get rid of them (anymore lol, long story)

However I did bought Sony A7 and with adapter which costed me £20 I'm able to use all my Pentax lenses - in manual of course, but Sony A7 is nice and small and it's better for me for quick trips rather then dragging my KP with 50-135 or K1 with 70-200!

After over a year of searching, I consider my set up complete and very happy with it.

05-10-2021, 04:25 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Fuji's mid-rangers like the X-T20 and the likes, have some very cheapish feel in the hands, btw. Their little buttons and knobs when, clicked and turned, sound disgustingly plasticky, almost cheap toy-like.
05-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
Fuji's mid-rangers like the X-T20 and the likes, have some very cheapish feel in the hands, btw. Their little buttons and knobs when, clicked and turned, sound disgustingly plasticky, almost cheap toy-like.
This, very much. A couple years ago I had an X-T20 that I used alongside my K-70. The Fuji felt so far inferior...

The Fuji 15-45, however, despite also feeling plasticky, is amazing on the wide end.
06-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all! Now I'm not sure if I should start shopping or just stick with the K3. I appreciate all your suggestions.

06-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #35
mee
Veteran Member

After using an EVF for a few months (Nikon's EVF at least), I'm not sure I could ever go back to an OVF. The functionality really makes focusing and exposure soooo much easier in all kinds of settings. Plus the wall to wall, top to bottom focus points.

Not a knock on DLSRs, but my point is there are advantages to the mirrorless camera that may be hard to really understand until you are using one for awhile then try to go back to a DSLR.