Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Best Full Frame Landscape Camera ? Sony a7R IV vs. Nikon Z7 II - YouTube

After giving it a short and long thought, whether my choice fit amazon business or not, I voted for the Pentax K1 as best landscape camera
I am surprised that he dismisses Canon 'out-of-hand'.

08-08-2021, 12:36 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That’s all horsefeathers, the best landscape camera is the one you have with you when everything else comes together. And much though it may pain us, that might be a film-era compact.
08-08-2021, 02:31 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am surprised that he dismisses Canon 'out-of-hand'.
He also excludes medium format systems. The correct title should be, "Best landscape camera considering only Nikon and Sony, everything else excluded". I fear that such reviews spin like a weathercock, depending on where the money is coming from.
01-06-2023, 11:24 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by SelrahCharleS Quote
I'm sure you could dig up some if you really look, but I feel like there haven't really been 'bad' cameras sold in the last 10 years or so. There is nothing I would count as major flaws of the K5-IIs I have (or K-50 for that matter, at least until I get an aperture block failure). Image quality hit "good enough" for almost every case with the 16MP sensor that was common in cameras at the time, and cameras of that era are responsive enough that they aren't frustrating to use.

I only picked up a K-1 because of GAS, and what I considered a good price. Not out of any real issues with my previous cameras. I suppose that camera is considered old now too.

I feel like part of the decline of the photo industry is just that cameras have been "good enough" since that era, and the manufacturers aren't leapfrogging each other every 12-18 months like the early days of digital.
What is GAS?

01-07-2023, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pblogic Quote
What is GAS?
Gear Acquisition Syndrome -- the desire to accumulate gear, not because you need it, but just because you want more.
01-08-2023, 01:50 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Gear Acquisition Syndrome -- the desire to accumulate gear, not because you need it, but just because you want more.
Thanks!