Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2022, 12:39 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
With so many dumping MFT for larger formats and more stable brands, there's good deal in used lenses to be had. I got my Panasonic Leica 12-60 zoom (effectively 24-120) for around $400.
How do you like the 12-60 Leica? I am looking for a hybrid setup, the added value should be in good stabilized video, so a normal zoom with power IS for dual IS could be a starting point.

Based on what I see on YouTube I get the appeal of the parfocal dual stabilized Power-IS 12-60 in video use, especially coupled with a reasonably affordable G80/G81/G85.

But if I look at the still images made with a 12-60 e.g. on Flickr they all seem like they were made with some averagely decent 1 inch bridge camera, nothing to fault, but I don't feel any "magic" either Could be just the style of the flickr 12-60 users of course, but I do wonder, with this being the best kit lens of the bunch, the normal zooms might be not where micro four thirds shines (in contrast to e.g. telezooms where micro four thirds clearly has an advantage).