Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I'll look forward to the T30ll review.

1/ My S10 was A$ 1310 a few months after release and my T30 was A$ 1250(in 2019),hence my " nearly the same price".All these prices come down to where you look and if Fuji are in their discount period of "cashBacks"
2/Yes,but ive added a textured cover to the S10 which changes the feel completely.My favourite Fuji.
3/Yes,Since Ive had the S10 the T30 has the 27mm on permanently and takes up almost zero space.
4/ Do your homework, they are exactly the same.
5/ T4 has 6.5 and S10 6..."someone" whoever that is values point 5 pretty highly.Just recently a new gimbal was reviewed,looks great.Phone/action cams/small mirrorless.https://youtu.be/dK59RN29Lg8

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 12:53 AM ----------

Next year you will probably get a much better price, due to the fact that the new seń$or(S)/processors will be available.Maybe for the 850Euro a superior body?kit lens can get your attention.
1. Yeh, the prices here seemed to go all over the place, many of us were hoping for the XS10 to take a bit more of a dive price wise than $1399AUD for the EOFY sale etc, but nop, which made the XT30II quite attractive at my purchasing time. I totally recall seeing the XS10 in Camera House selling for $1150AUD last year (during a sale), so definitely bargains can be had, just depends when.

2. Ah, so it wasn't completely my imagination to the 'cheaper feel' of the XS10? Can you send pics of your textured cover? Keen to understand more.

3. Yeh, my Zeiss Touit 32 sits on my XT30II for a '50mm 600g' rig. Not as compact as your 27mm pancake of course but it makes a nice alternative 50mm rig compared to the 1kg+ K-1+Tak50(8e)

4. You do your homework!

https://youtu.be/xqQk464Bkvs?t=340

5. I think it is not a spec thing per se, just the experience. The devil's in the details for a lot of these things, it's not about the .5 but rather things like more 'wobble' (at least that's what I was hearing through the grapevine). When someone who owns both an XT4 and XS10 makes a comment like that I find it valuable regardless of what the spec sheet says. It's a bit like for me now with this XT30II, having the XT4 as well I can say that it seems to struggle more in AF.C than the XT4 (I was expecting same AF performance), shutter is also a lot more audible (but you won't hear these things mentioned much in reviews).

07-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
4. You do your homework!
YOU, go to the Fuji Austraaaalia website and look at the specks.Dont believe these guys that are quite entertaining(ive watched thenm from a long while ago when they first started with TCS).They are in the Infotainment industry and sometimes they get their facts wrong.Do you want to believe them OR the people who develop and make the cameras?

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 09:58 AM ----------

Once again, I'll believe the people who make the cameras.I dont own a T4,i didn't see any reason to get one over my T3

Last edited by surfar; 07-27-2022 at 04:00 PM.
07-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
YOU, go to the Fuji Austraaaalia website and look at the specks.Dont believe these guys that are quite entertaining(ive watched thenm from a long while ago when they first started with TCS).They are in the Infotainment industry and sometimes they get their facts wrong.Do you want to believe them OR the people who develop and make the cameras?

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 09:58 AM ----------

Once again, I'll believe the people who make the cameras.I dont own a T4,i didn't see any reason to get one over my T3
Yes, its bad to base decisions on one opinion, which is why I went out and sought second (and third) opinion from another XT30II and XS10 user. If you have both maybe do the test yourself, especially in the CL setting as the improvement seems most notable there.

Here's a quote elsewhere:

"There are a few missed points that are crucial when comparing these two cameras. I have used both extensively for video. IBIS is the only thing better on the X-S10 when it works. NOTICE that I say when it works. Many times your IBIS on the X-S10 will give you a wobbly effect. Now something that NO ONE has mentioned is that the X-S10 supports UHD type 1 cards only while the X-T30ii supports UHD type 2 cards. Furthermore, when using a gimbal, the articulating screen on the X-S10 is unusable. It gets in the way of filming and balancing the camera properly on the gimbal"

Furthermore;

I asked;

"What matters more to me is BUFFER. Correct me if I am wrong but in theory the XT30II at 5fps should kick the X-S10's butt for buffer?"

and was replied with;

"But yes 100% definitely the X-T30ii is way better than the X-S10." (in this regard).

I then took the same query to FB Fuji groups and had 1-2 members confirm the same experience, that the XT30II seemed to do the buffer better than the XS10 (that basically Chris and Jordan were not talking out of their behinds on this point).

You'll be the first person to tell me they are performing exactly the same (if you have both the XS10 and XT30II), keen to hear your thoughts if you take those points into consideration and can test. It's not that this was a defining aspect of choosing between the two systems, but when I looked at the price difference, did my homework and was informed the XT30II was better for stills/buffer... it helped make that choice for me. I learned long ago to take spec sheets with a pinch of salt, they don't always tell the whole truth and nothing beats actual real life testing. For example where does it say on the spec sheet about the risk of lock ups and freezes when bursting with the XH2S like so many users have experienced ahahha. Yeh...
07-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #19
Pentaxian

2. Ah, so it wasn't completely my imagination to the 'cheaper feel' of the XS10?
Well, I took the cover off the T30 and compared it to S10 and they are the same.Ive tried to send a photo of cover on Insta.

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 11:29 AM ----------

For example where does it say on the spec sheet about the risk of lock ups and freezes when bursting with the XH2S like so many users have experienced ahahha. Yeh...
I did see some reviewers,The London Based guy in particular, have this experience with the PRE release firmware.

Is it an issue after release?...I'm sure that the Brighton based reviewer said that the release firmware fixed the issue.

07-27-2022, 05:47 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Now something that NO ONE has mentioned is that the X-S10 supports UHD type 1 cards only while the X-T30ii supports UHD type 2 cards.
WHO quoted that?...Both the Australian and Asian websites say the T30 ll supports UHS1 only...so please dont believe these people.UHS2 works but doesn't use the 2nd row of contacts.

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 11:50 AM ----------

Chris and Jordan were not talking out of their behinds on this point
This is the same Chris and Jordan who get drunk and say the Pentax KP is 2nd worst camera of 2017,theres some wind around these two at times!

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 12:09 PM ----------

You'll be the first person to tell me they are performing exactly the same (if you have both the XS10 and XT30II),
I have version one of T30,so I cant compare.

The 2 Fuji bodies you own are different to the 11 fuji bodies that I own.

As far as owning and using the S10,ive hardly touched my T30 since S10 arrived.Ive thought about selling it and I'll pick it up and take a few shots and think that its too good a camera to sell at this point in time.

Fuji produced the T30mk2 in response two the Nikon NFC release, even though the T30(1) was still a technically superior camera.Fuji said there were 87 upgrades, most were extremely minor.The only one that appealed to me was the lifting of the 10 minute limit of video recording to 30ish.The S10 was already out and had that limit but had IBIS,that from my observations works great.
07-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, I took the cover off the T30 and compared it to S10 and they are the same.Ive tried to send a photo of cover on Insta.

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 11:29 AM ----------

I did see some reviewers,The London Based guy in particular, have this experience with the PRE release firmware.

Is it an issue after release?...I'm sure that the Brighton based reviewer said that the release firmware fixed the issue.

Yeh Kai and some others, I have seen it still doing that post firmware and with current non pre release versions. Honestly doesn't surprise me at all, my XT4 is far from crash free, I regularly get lock ups and have to eject the battery when not even pushing the system hard. It feels fairly random #justfujithings

WHO quoted that?...Both the Australian and Asian websites say the T30 ll supports UHS1 only...so please dont believe these people.UHS2 works but doesn't use the 2nd row of contacts.

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 11:50 AM ----------

This is the same Chris and Jordan who get drunk and say the Pentax KP is 2nd worst camera of 2017,theres some wind around these two at times!

---------- Post added 07-28-22 at 12:09 PM ----------

I have version one of T30,so I cant compare.

The 2 Fuji bodies you own are different to the 11 fuji bodies that I own.

As far as owning and using the S10,ive hardly touched my T30 since S10 arrived.Ive thought about selling it and I'll pick it up and take a few shots and think that its too good a camera to sell at this point in time.

Fuji produced the T30mk2 in response two the Nikon NFC release, even though the T30(1) was still a technically superior camera.Fuji said there were 87 upgrades, most were extremely minor.The only one that appealed to me was the lifting of the 10 minute limit of video recording to 30ish.The S10 was already out and had that limit but had IBIS,that from my observations works great.
I think the guy was not saying the XT30II is UHS-II compliant, but rather it can handle some of the better UHS-I cards than the XS10. Maybe it's to do with U1 U2 U3 he's meaning? Whatever he means it's probably this and the apparent boost to RAM that the XT30II has been given that seems to account for Chris & Jordan (and the other people I reached out to) to saying the buffer is deeper with the XT30II than on the XS10.

https://youtu.be/xqQk464Bkvs?t=101

Again, I think it would be a bit odd in a video that DPreview put out which is specifically a 'XS10 vs XT30II' to be touching upon this buffer point if it was actually the same performance on each camera they are comparing here, wouldn't that make this talking point moot?

I guess the way I feel about it is... it's one thing to have an opinion of a camera (such as them not liking the KP) vs actually factually being dishonest or misleading. If Chris says in a video that he's getting x amount of shots with camera a and y amount of shots with camera b then it's prolly truth (I see no reason for them to be lying or making that up).

Anyway, homework I did, whether it was bum advice or not I will never know as I am not likely to sit down under the same lighting conditions and test with an XS10, but DPreview put me on this path to finding out if the XT30II has a slight advantage here and I did seek out more opinions which seemed to support that claim.
07-27-2022, 07:03 PM   #22
Pentaxian

XT30II
I think the first version is a great little cameras the makeover has to be marginally better.

XS10 is my favourite though.

Its whatever works,When I got the T30 I didn't hardly touch the E3...Ive a cull to do soon(this year) and its going.

Hopefully,the September summit brings plenty of information about whats coming.The specific leaks won't be long I hope.

The first 4 generations of Fujis all have their merits, but its the upcoming stuff that will place them firmly in the "I WANT' category for a lot of people.Its just the cost has to be justified.