Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2023, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Very rare migrating birds

Hi guys,

first I just wana ask the question (I know probably the waaay wrong place) if anyone knows an easy way to embed Google Photo's here? I'm uploading the majority of my files to my albums and have found this site which I use as a 3rd party medium to get my images across: Digital Inspiration - Tech Tips, Tutorials & How-to Guides
but would love a more direct method. Perhaps there is a way to add Google Photos to the "Insert Image" routine?

Anyway, not gona embed too many images here as have just been doing a lot for the K1 section and Astro group. These are Black Tailed Godwits and they have flown over from either Spain or Africa. They were at the reserve for a day before proceeding on to their migration route towards Iceland:

The migration pattern is below:

The other bird that for me is a first, is the Red Shank:

Here you can see the little guy just right of the Lapwing:

Full album is here: College Lake 04/08 - Google Photos

That was a difficult day to shoot as my D500 and 200-500mm lens would not focus at all to begin with. The lighting was pretty poor with intense sunlight shining directly toward the camera, but I had no other choice of position as I was sat in a bird hide and the only place close to the birds, tough still too far away. Even the top of the line 800mm with built in TC wouldn't be able to do much better reach wise. You would probably need something like a non-existent 2000mm or 3000mm lens. No, you wouldn't be able to use an Apochromatic Refractor telescope either for this though I'm sure someone out there has tried lol

04-28-2023, 12:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for sharing

My first thought for these photos was: those look like geese and seagulls. Rare!? Then I saw the last photo and realized I need to take a closer look at the smaller birds in the earlier photos.
04-28-2023, 01:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Thanks for sharing

My first thought for these photos was: those look like geese and seagulls. Rare!? Then I saw the last photo and realized I need to take a closer look at the smaller birds in the earlier photos.
hahaha... it is in the text ;-)

The rare ones are the Black Tailed Godwits that flew in from Spain or Africa or wherever and are on their way to Iceland... actually they have probably arrived by now.

There are Redshank there too which may not be rare but for me is quite rare as I haven't seen many.