Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Best Canon website, comparable to Pentax Forums?

I have the K100D and my wife has the Canon Rebel XTI..............my cameras pictures turn out much better than hers..........for some reason, her pictures most of the time turn out a little bit on the blurry side.

Where to go for help with her Canon? Thank you. Obviously, my "Chevrolet" camera is really bugging her, beating the tar out of her "Lexus" Canon.

vmax84

07-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Y don't u just help her out if u know that much? There aren't much differences between cameras if u know the basics.
07-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

what lenses are either of you shooting with?
that could have A LOT to do with it =)
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Someone is doing something wrong if they're coming out blurry unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the camera.
Seeing as you are managing to take in focus pictures with your Pentax, get the manual and see what you can do with her Canon.

07-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Someone is doing something wrong if they're coming out blurry unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the camera.
Seeing as you are managing to take in focus pictures with your Pentax, get the manual and see what you can do with her Canon.

I agree. why send your wife to a likely unhelpful forum just because she uses canon? you certainly have the ability to help her out. take the time, so she gets great photos as well. her canon can take just as good photos.
07-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I have been trying to get her camera figured out.........I've gone thru the manual, played with different things on it...........the cameras are different, however, they really do the same thing in the end and have pretty much the same functions.

I just don't know what else to do with it and I just can't get it to shoot correctly. I did acquire the manual "Canon XTi for dummies", so maybe there's something in there I can learn that I'm missing.

Frustrating since the camera is very nice and very smooth, compared to my K100D anyway.

I would like to find somebody who is a Canon expert and let him/her go thru it with me.

Either I'm missing something very simple with it, or I just feel there's something out of whack with it.

vmax84
07-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Damn Brit

If you have any camera stores local to you, take it there and ask them for help.
Not a big box store though.

07-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Niki Quote
what lenses are either of you shooting with?
that could have A LOT to do with it =)
She has the standard kit lens with hers (comparable I think to the kit lens on my K100D and a pricey zoom, somewhere up around 300 mm)...........both are hit or miss when it comes to blurry photos.

vmax84
07-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I would like to find somebody who is a Canon expert and let him/her go thru it with me.
every canon user is an expert.. I thought this was common knowledge?

QuoteQuote:
She has the standard kit lens with hers (comparable I think to the kit lens on my K100D and a pricey zoom, somewhere up around 300 mm)...........both are hit or miss when it comes to blurry photos.
are we speaking of two 18-55mm's? or are we talking superzooms? ie: 18-250 or something similar? either way the image quality is about the same on all consumer grade lenses. and its the camera and user are usually the 'hit and miss' aspects of AF, not the lens itself.
07-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
Damn Brit

Why don't you post a couple (exif intact) and we can try and figure it out.
07-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, observe your shutter speeds.
Handholding shots requires a relatively fast (at least [1/focal length] in seconds) Tv to avoid camera shake. The difference in lenses may be the reason why yours are sharp and hers aren't.

A couple of images with EXIF (metadata) to compare with would help solve that problem.
07-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
The difference in lenses may be the reason why yours are sharp and hers aren't.

A couple of images with EXIF (metadata) to compare with would help solve that problem.

not likely. his camera has SR and I can only assume that her lens is IS, as the current canon kit lens is.
07-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would love to post a couple pics, however, her computer is off for repair (seems to be common around here...........) and we're on my laptop, which doesn't have the Compact Flash input and I don't have a CF reader..........yet!!!

I have shot the thing in automatic and TV mode with more than enough shutter speed to keep the "self-induced" blur away.

vmax84
07-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably right, unless his ISO was high and hers was low, making Tv quite different.
Not sure if the OP compared these values when shooting.

Never mind, just saw your post...
Would still help to know the exposure triad settings between the sharp and blurred shots...
07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Can't you use USB cable to download from a Canon?