Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
Sony has some very very impressive zooms if you have the bucks.
and if I would start a new system from scratch today, those Carl zeiss zooms would have a huge factor on my decision.

at the end cameras comes and goes but lenses are for ever
There's no such thing as a Carl Zeiss zoom.

And all their primes are strictly manual focus.

09-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by happygui Quote
Only bought laptop and mp3 from Sony. They were BAD!!!All my japanese friends don't like Sony laptop.
Sony mp3 players these past 2-3 years are actually VERY good. They used to be picky with the transfer software (now it's drag and drop) but the sound quality has always been excellent (on most of the models anyway, they have one or two duds like the beanie and the one that doesn't need USB cable).

I'm a sony fanboy when it comes to mp3 players.... their players are up there with Cowon sound quality wise. I think Sony is actually the pentax of mp3 players. Used to be the king, now is a an underdog, but churns out great products (some duds, just like pentax in the later film age) that never gets as much buzz as the ipod.
09-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #33

Original Poster
I am sorry if I hurt your feeling. However, I spent 300 dollars on SOny mp3 five years ago. I still remember how much pain for just upload music from my desktop to the mp3. The software came with it sucks! My sony laptop was terrible. The keyboard and power supply was broken right after pass one year warranty. It cost me 350 to replace it. Yep. Sony had very nice product back to 90s. However, I won't buy stuff from sony if I have choice. The only reason I considered A900 is because I still think it is 'Minolda camera'.
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kristoffon Quote
There's no such thing as a Carl Zeiss zoom.

And all their primes are strictly manual focus.
I believe he's referring to the Sony Zeiss zooms (16-35/2.8 and 24-70/2.8). They are very nice glass, silent AF, etc.

09-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by happygui Quote
I am sorry if I hurt your feeling. However, I spent 300 dollars on SOny mp3 five years ago. I still remember how much pain for just upload music from my desktop to the mp3. The software came with it sucks! My sony laptop was terrible. The keyboard and power supply was broken right after pass one year warranty. It cost me 350 to replace it. Yep. Sony had very nice product back to 90s. However, I won't buy stuff from sony if I have choice. The only reason I considered A900 is because I still think it is 'Minolda camera'.
Lol, dont worry you didn't hurt my feelings, but yes I do agree fully that sonicstage (the sony software) sucks, and sony laptops are in general very overpriced and not too hot on performance (I find their designs are really nice though!). I bought a sonicstage-based player (NW-S706F) with the knowledge that the SQ was the best for the price and that it would look awesome as a necklace (I'm still wearing it today) It was between Sony and Cowon and I chose sony because I got a good deal on it, and the Cowon players at the time are ugggglyyy.

I can understand that many people don't want to trust the sony name again... sonicstage was indeed a fiasco and the years they spent with it haven't been too hot. However if you like the recent mp3 player designs at all, look into it as an ipod alternative (no more sonicstage) I'll personally upgrade when sony (or someone else with equal SQ) makes a player at least half as pretty as the NW-S70x series.

Well, that's enough offtopic... Sorry for derailing the thread. Carry on with the FF discussion

Are the Sony zeiss zoom truely made by Zeiss? or is it in name only like the Samsung Scneiders?