Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Amazon Giveaway not Pentax, but Canon but $18K worth can buy lots of Pentax Gear

I don't visit much these days, but was doing some grocery shopping on Amazon and ran across some sorta sweepstakes giveaway thingy...week 6 caught my eye:

Amazon.com: Amazon.com Wish List 10th Anniversary Sweepstakes Week 6

Basically it's photo vacation to Yellowstone (or Jellystone if your name is Yogi or BooBoo... ) along with about $10k-$15k worth of Canon gear including a new 7D.

I know odds are nobody here will win, but, hey, if ya don't enter ya can't win...I have it on my calendar to enter most every week...not sure if you can win more than once, I know, fat freaking chance, but wanna be sure on the camera gear contest...here is the Grand prize List:

From Amazon:

Prize. We will award 1 Grand Prize consisting of a trip for 2 to Yellowstone National Park and a variety of photography equipment. The Grand Prize includes:
  • Round trip coach class air transportation for 2 to Bozeman, MT departing from the major airport nearest to Grand Prize winner’s home
  • 2 nights’ standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy) at the Old Faithful Lodge
  • Rental car for 3 days
  • The opportunity to have a private photography lesson with photographer Adam Jones (for 1 person only)
  • A Canon EOS 7D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera (body only);
  • A Canon 200DG Digital Camera Gadget Bag;
  • A Canon Deluxe 200 Tripod;
  • A Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash;
  • A Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM UD Wide Angle Zoom Lens;
  • A Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens;
  • A Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens;
  • A Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM 1-to-1 Macro Lens;
  • A Canon EW-78E Lens Hood for a Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens;
  • A Canon ET-73 Lens Hood for a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro Lens; and
  • Yellowstone Treasures: The Traveler’s Companion to the National Park, by Janet Chapple.

Keep the gear for the trip, probably only way to get it free, use it for the heck of it, then sell most of it when you get back and buy LOTS of Pentax gear...

They estimate the total value at about $18k...it does not suck...anyway, just figured I would pass it along...if ya win...have fun! I will hate you but like that matters!

10-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
fyi - US only
10-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
fyi - US only
good point....but well.... hehehehe....not like that matters to me so I kinda never thought about that fact.

Maybe they are running something similar on the Amazon UK site and any other Amazon sites servicing the globe.
10-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
Banned

id love to win that. take the trip, and then sell all the gear. buy myself a new K-7 and a ridiculous amount of Takumar lenses. oh and the FA43 that I have been meaning to buy, but always get side tracked.

10-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

nice - how do we enter? add anything to a new wish list each day??

edit:doh nov 9, i just added a bunch of canon stuff to a wishlist, lol
10-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
id love to win that. take the trip, and then sell all the gear. buy myself a new K-7 and a ridiculous amount of Takumar lenses. oh and the FA43 that I have been meaning to buy, but always get side tracked.
hehehe...GMTA!!
10-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
nice - how do we enter? add anything to a new wish list each day??

edit:doh nov 9, i just added a bunch of canon stuff to a wishlist, lol
I am glad you found some way, you know other than READING the details on the linked page, that helped you enter...cuz, if ya don't bet you can't win, right?

BTW, you dinaw wanna read my impulse answer...

04-08-2010, 01:30 AM   #8

Canon Contest

That would be the only way that I would ever own another Camera with the name Canon on it.
You have heard of the expression (once bitten twice shy).
I bought a Canon Super Program Camera at the PX in Paris Island and I never got a decent picture with this Camera. I threw it in a Drawer and that is where it is to this day.
I bought a Pentax Super Program and it gave me very good results with it.
I have the Pentax K10D now and it gives me really good pictures after learning how to operate it like it is suppose to be used. ( I still have the Film Camera,but I haven't used it since I went Digital.)
I am thinking about upgrading to a K7 but I haven't made up my mind as the K10D does so good a job.
I really like the way you can use all the older Pentax lens plus the Camera has in body shake reduction and you don't have to shell out more money to have shake reduction with your lens.
I have seen some good pictures made with Canon Digital Cameras but I will stick with my Pentax Cameras.
Thank You
04-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Canon Constes Reply(albeit a sly attempt for a P)

"muddy-toes;985773]That would be the only way that I would ever own another Camera with the name Canon on it.
You have heard of the expression (once bitten twice shy)."

So, go ahead and enter and if you win you can give it away to someone here who entered and didn't win... like perhaps me me me.

I was on the lookout for a SuperProgram on ebait(saw that term somewhere and like it) but then I saw a MG and it is on it's way to me now.

P.s. Dear Pentax, this is what I will be using...sure could use or abuse a new K(the red one)
Attached Images

04-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Contest Junkie

Gawd...I feel like a goofus... this contest is DEAD. So my earler reply this morning only makes sense to the current contest...the big RED one.

Dear Pentax, this is what I'm using... feel sorry for me? The rangefinder mech. is DEAD.
I need something more modern...like a BIG RED.
Attached Images

04-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #11

how do i enter
04-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Inactive Account

That is some heavy duty giveaway. Too bad I live up in Canada Eh!
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK so someone bumped a thread half a year old. Please find a better way to boost your post count for the contest.
04-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
OK so someone bumped a thread half a year old. Please find a better way to boost your post count for the contest.
+1 on the post count boosting!
04-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax Gods

The pic of the MG upstairs is of a camera that does not work. Yep came from a seller on E*bait. My grandmother's fine china on a covered wagon arrived in better condition than this junk.

I just don't have any luck bidding on Pentax cameras. I have much better luck bidding on vivitars, sigmas. Go Figure! So you see, I'm praying I win the BIG RED ONE or the million dollars.

Even if Big Red doesn't have auto film advance ( My frame count average is increasing) I believe I can deal.

Okay so later, gotta go check my private messages ... there's some sort of vacation contest goin on in yellowstone .

Thanks.
okay someone get in here and help me up
Attached Images