Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks good. Doesn't feel good. Simulation isn't the real thing...and I design simulations

What is interesting is that I ran LS in GT before I did in person. It actually didn't help at all, and in fact may have had some aspects of negative training. However once I ran the track in person, I was much better on the game.

The problem comes in the amount of physical feedback that you use when driving at the limit. The visual cues (which simulation does well) diminish in comparison to the physical cues (which simulation does poorly or not at all).

10-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Well, I wouldn't suggest that a simulation is in any way a replacement for the real thing, but a good simulation is a lot closer than GT. (Especially if you can afford to drop a few grand on a Force Dynamics rig.)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
canon, car, gear, nikon, release, time, world