Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #1

Canon and Nikon forum, similar to PentaxForums.com

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody had any good links to forums for Nikon and Canon where people are helpful and rather nice (similar to the people here at PF). Just trying to get some insight into the competition to understand where they are coming from and it is always nice to know what other people are saying about their choice of brand. English site would be nice.

I found this site which seems ok.
Nikonians :: The Nikon User Community

Thanks for your help,

Juan

12-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Photography-on-the.net for Canon...super folks there and the user organized get togethers all over the place are a blast, they even let me still come since I made "the switch"...hehehe...
12-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Photography-on-the.net for Canon...super folks there and the user organized get togethers all over the place are a blast, they even let me still come since I made "the switch"...hehehe...
I'll second the POTN suggestion for Canon... I've been hanging out over there some too since I made the switch that way... The huge user base there makes it feel a little fast paced, but there's a ton of good info. You basically don't have to ask anything... just search .
12-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
I'll second the POTN suggestion for Canon... I've been hanging out over there some too since I made the switch that way... The huge user base there makes it feel a little fast paced, but there's a ton of good info. You basically don't have to ask anything... just search .
These dumbasses forget to look under their noses.

There's an off brand forum on this very board, quite a few of our members run two systems and some of our members don't even have Pentax cameras - Off-Brand (Canon, Nikon, etc.) Camera Talk - PentaxForums.com

12-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Damn Brit

Even better, I'llmove this thread there right now.
12-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote

There's an off brand forum on this very board, quite a few of our members run two systems and some of our members don't even have Pentax cameras - Off-Brand (Canon, Nikon, etc.) Camera Talk - PentaxForums.com
D'oh!!! btw, puck-ewe-too!! Seriously though I never noticed it before.
12-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I believe with Nikonians, you have to pay to use it... Which is kind of dumb. But there is another good Nikon forum that's free and relatively smaller populated compared to Nikonians, it is similar to this forum in that way. NikonCafe.com - Powered by vBulletin

12-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I aggree that NikonCafe is run very very well.
12-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote

Yeah, but our Off-Brand forum is a pale shadow of a real on-topic forum with many thousand members. I bet less than .01% of Canon or Nikon users who belong to camera forums are members here. Our Off-Brand forum is a place where you very well might get an answer to a specific question, but not a place to read for general knowledge about a product line.
12-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks, I have registered for those sites and will check them out.
12-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll start two new sites they can't compete with. Now give me domain ideas tongue

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll start two new sites they can't compete with. Now give me domain ideas :tongue:
oh sure.....dump the Pentax crowd soon as the "cool kids" come into play...I see how WE rate now....uh-huh!!
12-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
edl
Veteran Member

How about Fredmiranda.com?
12-29-2009, 04:43 AM   #14
Veteran Member

adam, how about "I-realy-wanted-a-pentax.com"

Make it the best canikonympus forum there is, IN THE WORLD. ;D
12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Yeah, but our Off-Brand forum is a pale shadow of a real on-topic forum with many thousand members. I bet less than .01% of Canon or Nikon users who belong to camera forums are members here. Our Off-Brand forum is a place where you very well might get an answer to a specific question, but not a place to read for general knowledge about a product line.
But it will grow Josh and it's also a good starting point especially for Pentax users who are looking at a second system (or thinking about switching brands).