Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by juu Quote
But what I tried to say is that perhaps there just aren't enough of them for Samsung to be concerned in case there are significant technical issues concerning AF on the k-mount adapter.
You are probably right here. Samsung is likely most concerned to offer the NX as an upgrade path to current users of Samsung P&S. More even than to users of GX.

On the other hand, they may fear a bad voice from customers who invested into their GX system. To some degree, the NX is about protecting a future investment. It is a system camera with a new mount.

The degree which Samsung protects the investment of GX customers to is a bold statement about the future of the NX system. In either direction.

01-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I wounder how the Samsung DSLR users would react if the NX10 cannot use their k mount lenses.

I am expecting the adaptor to work 100% with SDM, screwdrive, and aperture. [...]
According to Digital cameras, Digital camcorders | Samsung camera the following "Samsung" lenses exist for the GX series:
# SAMSUNG 18~55MM
# SAMSUNG 18~250MM
# D-XENOGON 35MM
# D-XENON 100MM MACRO
# SAMSUNG 16~45MM
# D-XENON 12~24MM
# D-XENOGON 10~17MM
# D-XENON 50~200MM
Not one offers SDM. So, full functionality of all Samsung GX lenses would be assured even without SDM support. Nevertheless, I agree that
QuoteQuote:
[...] they may fear a bad voice from customers who invested into their GX system. To some degree, the NX is about protecting a future investment. It is a system camera with a new mount.

The degree which Samsung protects the investment of GX customers to is a bold statement about the future of the NX system. In either direction.
01-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Most of those Samsung Logo'd lenses have no aperture ring at lensmount

Most of those Samsung Logo'd lenses have no aperture ring at lensmount.

So there needs to be a way to adjust the lens aperture or you loose a very necessary lens function when using adapted mount lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
According to Digital cameras, Digital camcorders | Samsung camera the following "Samsung" lenses exist for the GX series:
# SAMSUNG 18~55MM
# SAMSUNG 18~250MM
# D-XENOGON 35MM
# D-XENON 100MM MACRO
# SAMSUNG 16~45MM
# D-XENON 12~24MM
# D-XENOGON 10~17MM
# D-XENON 50~200MM
Not one offers SDM. So, full functionality of all Samsung GX lenses would be assured even without SDM support. Nevertheless, I agree that
01-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Most of those Samsung Logo'd lenses have no aperture ring at lensmount.

So there needs to be a way to adjust the lens aperture or you loose a very necessary lens function when using adapted mount lenses.
QuoteQuote:
I am expecting the adaptor to work 100% with SDM, screwdrive, and aperture.
For clarification: Support of screwdrive and aperture would be enough. SDM, however, would in principle not be required for the Samsung Logo'd lenses.

But let's wait and see: :: samsung NX10 ::

The image of the K-mount adapter still features the "holes": Samsung Imaging | Smart Image Sharing

Edit: http://www.samsungimaging.co.kr/product/upload/onlinefeatures/nx10/kor/images/nx10_12_2.jpg
Is somebody able to translate the description?

Attached Images

Last edited by froeschle; 01-27-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Image included
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm somewhat puzzled as to why Samsung ventured into developping a new mount? They already were using the K-mount... there's a presumably "open" 4/3s mount already developped... why re-invent the wheel? Looks like a nice camera though, but I see no reason to buy one over the K-X if I was looking for a pocketable DSLR...
01-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
juu
Veteran Member

alexeyga,

They cannot use the k-mount as making the distance between sensor and lens smaller is one of the main ideas behind EVIL.

And the micro 4/3 mounts aren't really that 'open'. They are 'open' only in name, but Olympus/Panasonic still want money to use them. There can also be strategic reasons not to join m43.

With that said, the advantages of the NX10 over K-x just aren't there, it isn't any smaller.
01-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #22
Veteran Member

human character recognition and google translate:

K-mount 번 한 (no. 1) 어댑터 (adapter)
K-mount 를 (the) 사용하는 (use)
삼성 (Samsung) / 펜탁스 (Pentax) 렌즈를 (lens)
메뉴 (menu) 일로 (days) 사용하실 수 었습니다 (was available)

01-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
human character recognition and google translate:

K-mount 번 한 (no. 1) 어댑터 (adapter)
K-mount 를 (the) 사용하는 (use)
삼성 (Samsung) / 펜탁스 (Pentax) 렌즈를 (lens)
메뉴 (menu) 일로 (days) 사용하실 수 었습니다 (was available)
Human character recognition! Nice!

I happen to live in Korea for now and was forced to learn hangeul (the Korean characters) :ugh:

Correction:
변환 (conversion)
매뉴 + 로 (manual + ly)

and 사용하실 수 습니다 (is usable)

So basically:

"K-Mount conversion adapter" <I think this is a title, not part of the sentence below>

"Samsung / Pentax lenses that are using K-Mount are usable manually"