Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #256
Veteran Member

Very nice shots KiloHotelphoto!

09-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #257
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Went out to Benezette PA to see the elk during the rut. They have the largest heard of wild elk east of the Mississippi River. I didn't see them until later in the evening when the lighting wasn't as good and from a pretty good distance. We could hear them for about a hour before we saw them come out into the open.

Got to see them close to a few white tailed deer and you can see just how much bigger the elk are. We did see a pair of bull elk fight a little but a tree was in the way so I didn't get any good shots of that.

Shots taken with 5DS-r and 600mm F4 IS II on monopod.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
11-07-2017, 12:46 AM   #258
Pentaxian

Tried shooting something different from my usual wildlife and tried ice hockey. I played for over twenty years and had to give it up about five years ago because of work and my body was taking a beating, I was a goalie. So my new hobby is photography so I thought I would try shooting my old hobby. I really don't have the lens for it, I brought my Canon 5dsr and 85mm 1.8 and my K1 with 300mm F4 the 300 was to much for the angles I had to shoot from so I shot more with the Canon.

I haven't gone through them all yet but here is a few I did.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
11-07-2017, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #259
Veteran Member

Some 5D Mark IV portraits Both images were croped about 15%. Were taken at f4 and 300mm.

Attached Images

11-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #260
Pentaxian

Wow Dan the second one is great, the detail of the top of the mouth is incredible. Was this a wild bird or one at a rescue or sanctuary?
11-08-2017, 01:03 AM   #261
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Wow Dan the second one is great, the detail of the top of the mouth is incredible. Was this a wild bird or one at a rescue or sanctuary?
It is a wild beast who has found a home. Normally, this bird can't be found in Romania and on it's own I don't think it would have survived because it has only 4 months. But it got lucky. A breeder of prey birds took the hawk and they became friends. Now this bird has a family. The bird is free to fly anywhere, but she always come back to his friend. She is a little afraid of people, but with a little patience (and with some meat), comes very close to humans.
12-11-2017, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #262
Veteran Member

Nice shots everyone!

Bought my 5D MKII and Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 used and they have been so good! Love that combination.

The Pixies
by John Rudolph, on Flickr

The Pixies

The Pixies

12-17-2017, 02:39 PM - 2 Likes   #263
Pentaxian

Wasn't able to get any great shots this season so far, will try again this week. I was either in the wrong spot or the lighting was bad, the joy of wildlife photography.

First and last are with the 7D II the others with the 5DSr all with the 600mm IS II. The fourth shot is a full frame no crop flyby. If it was a mature eagle I would get a big metal print of it, the 5dsr is great for big prints.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 7D Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 7D Mark II  Photo 
12-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #264
Veteran Member

Fantastic wildlife shots folks. Love that...
12-20-2017, 02:07 AM - 4 Likes   #265
Veteran Member

An image from a photoshoot I organised a few days ago. It was a complex shooting, but we had lots of fun photographing the wolves, the viking models and the trained horses.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV  Photo 
12-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
An image from a photoshoot I organised a few days ago. It was a complex shooting, but we had lots of fun photographing the wolves, the viking models and the trained horses.
Awesome shot!!
12-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #267
Pentaxian

That's a cool shot Dan, you got the wolf in just the right pose.
12-21-2017, 12:21 AM - 2 Likes   #268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
That's a cool shot Dan, you got the wolf in just the right pose.
Thank you. I do have another image with the wolf that I love. And also an image with the girl riding a horse.

---------- Post added 12-21-17 at 07:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
Awesome shot!!
Thank you
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
12-27-2017, 10:54 AM - 3 Likes   #269
Pentaxian

Some snowy owl shots from last week. I got lucky and it only took about forty five minutes to find it then I watched for a little over four hours. All shot with the 5dsr with 600mm F4 IS II with 1.4TC III

It took off a couple times but I never got good shots of it, he always had his head turned away from me. He sat in the grass most of the day and got active when a helicopter flew over and the when some crows started making all kinds of noise.

The first shot is just a small crop, I had a 20x30 printed up and it came out great. I'm thinking of getting it done in a metal print or having the print I have framed by a professional.

I was able to get a few full frame shots but none when he had his eyes wide open.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5DS R  Photo 
12-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #270
Pentaxian

Some snowy owl shots from last week. I got lucky and it only took about forty five minutes to find it then I watched for a little over four hours. All shot with the 5dsr with 600mm F4 IS II with 1.4TC III

It took off a couple times but I never got good shots of it, he always had his head turned away from me. He sat in the grass most of the day and got active when a helicopter flew over and the when some crows started making all kinds of noise.

The first shot is just a small crop, I had a 20x30 printed up and it came out great. I'm thinking of getting it done in a metal print or having the print I have framed by a professional.

I was able to get a few full frame shots but none when he had his eyes wide open.