Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Canon's Evil Specs are rumored

Canon's Evil Specs are rumored at canonrumors:

Apparently Canon will unveil soon an EVIL system smaller than m4/3.It’ll be based on the APS-C sensor, apparently same sensor as the 7D, but with a reduced Image Circle, 18mm

- It’ll be based on the APS-C sensor, apparently same sensor as the 7D, but with a reduced Image Circle, 18mm.
- 3 New lenses. Zoom Kit EF-X 12-36mm, 36-166mm and 15mm f2.4 Pancake.
- There will be an adapter to use EF and EF-S lenses.
- 720p 30fps video.
- Articulated LCD

Canon X1 EVIL [CR] | Canon Rumors

01-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just curious - you're in Colorado? Ex Pentax employee, the disgruntled type, maybe?
01-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nope, never worked for pentax

Nope, never worked for pentax.

But I have heard many stories locally how pentax evolved. I knew the two local Pentax reps before they got laid off when Hoya took over. Nice guys, but if a company doesn't want a presence in a State where the US Headquarters are, I guess they don't need pentax reps, huh?

I still talk to my area's two local Canon reps and one Nikon rep. Why talk to them? Because I own three brands of current gear. The canon rep clued me in on the 5D being discontinued soon, the upcoming $300 instant cash off. So I waited, and got a better deal when his prediction became reality. My first new canon eos purchase was 5D, then 2nd 5D and then an array of lenses... With Nikon rep I handled D3 right after it announced with the newly announced 14-24mm 2.8. Over time I added D700 and 14-24mm 2.8.

Dealer Reps were critical in my Canikon purchase decisions.

I bought into Pentax in 2002 by getting a brand new ZX-L and kit lens and 15mm f3.5 SMC. Before that I didn't follow the brand while I blissfully used my old Canon FD System.

I had a DS2 paid for order for months locally, when it was current. Pentax never came thru with my DS2 and my money went on other items. Classic camera shop, no refunds, instore only credit.

Found out later the reason why my local Pentax DS2 order went unfullfilled, it was supposed to be a pentax usa website sales only.

Nice thing about Canon and Nikon is they offer systems. They don't rely on what they made in 1964, 1974 to convince people today to buy their current dslr cameras.

It was a pleasure to begin buying into Canon Eos in 2008. Everything instock. Same pleasure with Nikon in 2009 though I only had one lens in mind to buy. Nikon big guns are pricer and far harder to find than Canon's. So for me owning both brands makes sense.

I have been trimming my pentax gear, slowing relocating items I had planned to keep forever, well until Pentax offered a full frame K Mount to then decide to stay or go. I've always been impressed with the cash~out of one brand to then buy into another brand of gear photographers.