Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Komine Auto Vivitar Telephoto Pre Series1 Konica Mount

I got this one yesterday and the plan was to convert the Konica mount to Pentax K.
It has been done on similar lenses but it is not an easy task.

Before I go at it I would like to know if this is worth anything.
Maybe I should save it or sell it or?
Its almost in mint condition. To me it looks like it came from the store.
The serial number indicates to my humble knowledge that it is made 1971?
It also looks different from other lenses made later.
Red and white text and that EE mode in the aparture ring.

Here are some images I took indoors last night in the dark.....

Last edited by aliasant; 02-19-2013 at 10:21 AM.
02-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have the same lens in M42 mount. They certainly are beautiful. I paid $23 for mine in similar condition, so there is your estimate on the low end of value. If you know someone that shoots film with Konica, they might appreciate the opportunity to buy. If you really want one in K-mount, the later version with rubberized focus ring is relatively common for reasonable money.

Steve
02-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have the same lens in M42 mount. They certainly are beautiful. I paid $23 for mine in similar condition, so there is your estimate on the low end of value. If you know someone that shoots film with Konica, they might appreciate the opportunity to buy. If you really want one in K-mount, the later version with rubberized focus ring is relatively common for reasonable money.

Steve
23usd........... lol

But I agree. They are beautiful. Very much so.
I look at it as an artistical masterpiece One incredible piece of hardware made before computers. They dont make em like that no more.

Now everything seems to be manufactured to break 2 days after guarantee is out.
And everything is plastic and whimsy. I really like these ol lenses and the new ones I have tried has been quite boring to shot with.
Fast and light weight sure but no feeling.

I guess I have to pay a lot more to get that in a modern lens

This old Vivitar is born the same year as me and that makes it 39 years old. ( eeeeeuw) and in much better shape then I am

How the heck can anyone sell that for 23usd?

I did take some photos with another vivitar 80-200 mz this morning and I get that nasty purplish aura/bloomish thing around bright edges but not always.
I havnt figured out why that happens yet.
The question is..
Do you think this Vivitar will do the same?
If so maybe it isnt worth it?

Tomorrow I will get a Tamron 75-250 adaptall and I hope that maybe I wont feel the need for that 200mm Viv anymore. I can just place it in the shell and look at it with tears in my eays...... never even got a chance to test it.....

Or maybe Ill just tear it apart to see what its made of.....