Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Damn Brit

D3/D3X Replaces Large Format

Well, with one photographer at least.
Interesting article in Outdoor Photographer about a guy who utilises tilt/shift lenses to produce images that rival LF.
Transforming Large Format - Outdoor Photographer | OutdoorPhotographer.com

For any of you who still shoot Pentax , there is quite a good article in the same issue about the virtues of K7, they manage to gloss over the lack of availability of long lenses.

02-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting link. Stitching of any form does require a fairly static subject but usually when one shoots LF that is the case anyway. It is really hard to objectively advocate the superiority of film these days. I still love shooting it, but I can't really do it while claiming it is because it's "better". (Though I still think medium and large format black/white has something digital can't quite touch yet.)