06-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canon HV40/AVCHD Format questions

So I was given this as a requirement for my class next term

QuoteQuote:
Canon HV20/HV30/HV40

OR

any AVCHD digital video camera that has an external microphone input.
(AVCHD is a video codec and the camera will have the "AVCHD" logo prominently displayed on the camera)
And my question is.... Is AVCHD as bad as I keep reading? is there any point of spending money on one of those cameras if it's that bad?

Any help would be great!

06-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be interested in the answer to that. I was interested in the HV20 some time ago.

I believe AVCHD is now better quality in the prosumer end with higher bitrates. Don't know how much of a problem editing with it is now compared to HDV.

Dan

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
avchd, camera, canon, video