07-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mirrorless Forums Launched: A sister forum

For those who think SLRs just don't cut it: Mirrorless Camera Forums Home

Enjoy

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A database of mirrorless cameras and lenses has also been set up: MirrorlessForums.com Mirrorless Camera and Lens Review Database - Item Listings Enjoy the listings of mirrorless gear!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thread is now sticky.

Adam

08-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Doing better than the last site, it seems

Adam

10-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I recently returned from a four week cycle ride across the Tibetan 'plateau' (a misnomer if ever there was) at altitudes of 3900 to 5260m. Not wishing to add my Pentax K3 to my weight I took a Lumix DMZ-TC30, which I have used elsewhere on moderately adventurous trips with only minor issues of reliability. However, early on in Tibet the LCD screen on the DMZ-TC30 became crazed following a descent by bike from 5010m to about 4500m. The LCD screen subsequently deteriorated further to become very faint and useless to compose or review photographs. The camera continued to work fine, as I verified by viewing the SD card on a PC, but I had negligible control over the camera or ability to compose photographs.
I mentioned this issue to a professional photographer, who confirmed that LCD screens were liable to blow with pressure changes. Needless to say I shall not be looking at cameras without an optical viewfinder in choosing a compact replacement.
I raise this matter, as some posts in the general and camera specific threads concerning mirrorless on this forum appear to believe mirrorless is the future. I have no evidence that the problem I encountered applies to any Pentax mirrorless camera, but the issue may be worth considering.