Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
Adorama overnight shipping? bad?

I purchased a 7D on Adorama around 5:25 PM with a extra $50 for overnight shipping. It says orders are processed up until 6 PM. It's 11:30 PM now and my status still says pending. Whats the point in providing overnight shipping services if you cannot make it happen? Its weird because I have only done overnight shipping maybe three times in my life and ever time is a disaster. I figured this time would be different since I am spending $1700 on gear. Oh well... I am new to this forum and already venting! look out!

07-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yell at customer service ASAP.
07-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NicK10D Quote
I purchased a 7D on Adorama around 5:25 PM with a extra $50 for overnight shipping. It says orders are processed up until 6 PM. It's 11:30 PM now and my status still says pending. Whats the point in providing overnight shipping services if you cannot make it happen? Its weird because I have only done overnight shipping maybe three times in my life and ever time is a disaster. I figured this time would be different since I am spending $1700 on gear. Oh well... I am new to this forum and already venting! look out!
Takes time to get the bank authorization, then pull and pack the order. I'd be surprised if it made it out in 35 minutes. Oh, and never yell at customer service.
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

By yell, I meant contact and express polite concern.

In my experience, more often than not, they will do what is within their power to help you. Might as well try. In the least, they'll let you know approximately how early in the day you would have to order to get it the next day.

07-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

There's a decent chance you'll get it today despite what the current "status" says. I have found, in the past, that it can take a while for Adorama to update the status of your order in their system. I would call them in the morning and just ask if it shipped out and if it didn't, explain the situation to them and ask to be credited for the extra money you spent to have the order overnighted (since you ordered it before 6pm).
07-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen Oster at Adorama Camera

As I said in response to your identical posting on POTN, I can only apologize, most sincerely, that we have been able to provide the level of customer service that you would like.

Please allow me to draw your attention to the terms and conditions on our website, which state:

Adorama Camera makes every effort to get your order to you as soon as possible. Orders for in-stock items placed on business days up to 6:00 PM ET (Eastern Time) are generally shipped the same day (subject to verification, as described below)......If there is a problem with your order you will receive an e-mail within one business day to advise you about the situation.

We also make every effort to treat all our customers equally and with fairness, whatever their spend level.

However, if you are a new-to-Adorama customer, our bankers (and yours) will require us to carry out additional ID verification for the protection of us all for orders over a certain value, and it may be that combined with a request for o/night shipping that the anti-fraud team felt it may be necessarry to carry out these additional checks.

I understand from your subsequent postings on POTN that you have since emailed the Adorama CS email address to cancel your order, however, if you would like to email me directly I will be more than happy to double-check that this has happened: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com