Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
But what I do not get is why they would remove micro focus adjust...
Because that will be a strong selling point for the upcoming 70D, rather typical Canon strategy really.

08-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Because that will be a strong selling point for the upcoming 70D, rather typical Canon strategy really.
Actually this is also a typical Nikon's strategy...
08-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I'm not "pissed off"

I do want to add an articulated viewscreen dslr to my canon kit.

I'm happy 60D seems to be their dslr articulated testbed.

I think its essential for HD Dslr cameras to have this screen.

I suspect 5D Mark III will have the articulated screen like 60D.

Seeing the articulated screen included on 60D makes me realize I now get to pass on 5D MarkII purchase & simply wait for the next model of either 5DIII, or 7DII.

I'd like to own a Canon camera with MFA, though I suspect all my lenses are fine since they work fine.

My 5D classics do not have MFA.

I haven't bought a Canon dslr in 30months, or added another Nikon D700 dslr to my kit in 18months.
Getting full frame platforms pretty much covered all my needs, wants, desires.

I like being able to build out my systems, both Canon & Nikon instead of having to buy the next new camera.

My dslr cameras still work fine so I get to spend monies elsewhere, not worried that I must buy a camera every release cycle to help Canon or Nikon survive

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Anyone want to talk about it?

Seems like the Canon camp is really pissed off with it. Here is the announcement/preview on DPR.

Canon EOS 60D DSLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

What do you guys think? Seems like quite a bit of extra money up from the T2i without a whole lot of extra features.

Last edited by Samsungian; 08-29-2010 at 08:55 AM.
08-30-2010, 03:16 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RolloR Quote
The 60D looks awesome to me.

forget the previous xxD line, they're all awkward anyway. They're too big to be not full-frame nor weather sealed! 7D is how they should be.

It's nice that they shrunk the body a bit, but still bigger than a Rebel. Kinda like K7-ish or D90-ish.
The 7D is slightly bigger than the 50D and not full frame, so why is the xxD range awkward? I'm glad to have pulled the trigger on the 50D and quite like the bulk/feel of it. I don't see all the fuss about an articulating screen, but that's just me.

Thought this thread could do with these images..

08-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #20
Veteran Member

It's odd, there's a lot of people in favour for smaller bodies, but I find the 7D / 5D Mk 2 fit my hand much better than my K20D does - I don't want it any smaller!