Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Vivitar's new full-frame point & shoot

Vivitar 35mm Camera™ that anyone can operate is so easy to use and takes beautiful pictures too!

09-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
According to the ad, it takes "Real Pictures". Sounds kinda limited to me.....what if I want phony pictures, or fake pictures, or better yet, unreal pictures?
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This made my day. Thanks for the link.

I especially liked the part where it says something like, "No more straining your eyes to look at tiny pictures on the back of the camera." My next favorite moment, where they have some guy who looks like he's even older than I am saying, "Computers are just so confusing!"

Of course, I have an even better offer to make the world. Forget buying a camera of ANY KIND AT ALL. Save yourself the hassle of dealing with computers, cameras, SD cards, focusing and worrying about exposure, white balance, depth of field, and more. Just call or email ME and I will run right over, take the photos, and then process them and print them FOR YOU.*

Will

*Please note: I cost more than the Vivitar film camera, but I take better pictures, too. And how can you put a price on quality?
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love that video! Every point they make echos complaints my parents make about digital cameras. I bought them a nice Canon P&S several years ago and every photo they have ever taken with it is still on the flash card. I finally told them to take the camera/card down to Walgreens and have them print the "roll". So much for the printer I bought for them too.

Steve

09-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That video made me want to throw up, but I honestly see the virtue

If my grandma were to try to use a digital camera she might have a heart attack, but if she could just go to a store and ask them to print the pictures she could probably do it, especially since film is one time use and you don't have to worry about organization of the SD card
09-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm surprised there is no major manufacturer still selling popularly priced film cameras.
It might be a niche market but I'm sure they would sell plenty. Some people are more
comfortable with the technology they grew up with, especially if it continues to work well.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 09-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.