Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Based on the specs that seems to be exactly what I would want in a digital rangefinder (if I were in the market for one). Hopefully the performance matches its looks.

09-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
Pentaxian

With a point-n-shoot, I don't expect prints larger than 8x10. Shots from PS cameras would be for posting online and what-not for me. So why not make sure it is the best low light performer you can possibly get in that class by not making one with not so many mega pixels, I wonder. But I do like the look of that thing.
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
With a point-n-shoot, I don't expect prints larger than 8x10. Shots from PS cameras would be for posting online and what-not for me. So why not make sure it is the best low light performer you can possibly get in that class by not making one with not so many mega pixels, I wonder. But I do like the look of that thing.
I sure this camera can do very large prints, it is APS-C sensor size and a 17 x 20 something should not be a big issue.

Man alive, what a nice looking machine :- )

wll
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Thanks you but I will pass, the K-X or K-R is cheaper and better

09-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's not a "point-n-shoot" in the sense you're referring to. It's got a full-sized DSLR sensor that should be just as good as the Nikon D300's (hopefully one of the more recent-gen sensors like the D90 or K-x, though) and what should be an excellent lens to boot. So, should be good in low light AND good for printing quite a bit larger than 8x10.
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Fixed lens? You look through it and push a button. Point-n-shoot.
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax should make a digital version of the Auto 110 system, IMO. Wouldn't that be legendary?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #23

It looks gorgeous and will probably perform well. The fixed lens aspect of it seems a bit limiting though.
09-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I just came across this:
Fujifilm unveils FinePix X100 large-sensor compact: Digital Photography Review
Why pentax can't (read won't) do something like this? I think it's beautiful, functional etc....
If it is less than $1k, I will absolutely get this. Exactly what I need, wow!
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Fixed lens? You look through it and push a button. Point-n-shoot.
That's the beauty of it. Definitely not for a zoom lens user. It brings to mind the Yashica GSN and Canonets which by the way were excellent cameras. I usually only take along one or two prime lenses. I mostly use the DA 21 and DA 35mm Limited so it works for me.

I wonder how much this camera will cost.
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

Should Pentax do it? Hell yes but it is too late already.
Could Pentax do it? They are trying too hard to play safe.
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

The pentax k1000 is beautiful enough... make it a digital and that would be awesome..
09-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fine concept but fixed lens. Do we need one more after the relatively mediocre Sigma DP and Leica X1? Maybe yes.

The 12MP sensor used in the X100 is probably the proved Sony sensor. But... it's relatively disappointing to not have PD-AF on sensor like the Fuji EXR300.
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
I wonder how much this camera will cost.
I think around 1k would be a safe guess. If the lens was as good as it might seem and AF didn't suck, it would be very tempting.
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Fine concept but fixed lens.
Judging from the brochure, the sensor seemed to be specially optimized for the lens being used.