Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Talked with my buddy, was ELM as clicker says, this guy had pretty good thing with
junior and senior high school year books, has been as he puts it "ran over" by the
digital age.

Shots Tuco has just blows me away, guess thats why we dream in B/W

10-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Well, in my case, I don't have to feed the kids with my photography so I can enjoy shooting the old-school stuff. And secondly, I shoot BW most the time and just prefer to shoot the real thing and have something different than all the imitation, color converted gray scales these days.
This is the type of photography one would just do for his/her own good, or satisfaction.
I really buy into that!
Maybe one day I will be tempted to get an ol' Hassy ... never know! Problem is: I know near to nothing about developing my films. I took a course a very long time ago, but I've forgotten all but a few things.
Must also be difficult to find a good place to have prints made the way you want them.

JP
10-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
Banned

I should shoot some Fuji Velvia with my Pentax 6x7 and scan it into my Mac with my Epson V700. I see others still posting great shots with it.
Pentax 67 II Film Camera Sample Photos and Specifications
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Pentax+67&s=int&m=tags
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #19
stp

I wanted to "shake up" my vision a bit by using a square format, and I purchased a 501cm with 50mm, 80mm, and 180mm lenses (generally CFI). I'm now preferring the Hasselblad to my Canon 1DsMk3 for certain shots. Some are just more aesthetically pleasing in a square format (but that's certainly not universally true). Also, I've spent far more in digitally photography than I ever did in film; the notion that film photography is expensive is, IMHO, a myth.

10-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stp Quote
I wanted to "shake up" my vision a bit by using a square format, and I purchased a 501cm with 50mm, 80mm, and 180mm lenses (generally CFI). I'm now preferring the Hasselblad to my Canon 1DsMk3 for certain shots. Some are just more aesthetically pleasing in a square format (but that's certainly not universally true). Also, I've spent far more in digitally photography than I ever did in film; the notion that film photography is expensive is, IMHO, a myth.
Bravo X3 for your thought, execution and conclusion.
10-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
way to go STP, some people are compositionally dyslexic when working with the square format- they just don't know how you really use it. good to see you are having so much fun with it. and the 501CM is a great camera to kick things off with.