Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Jeff Bridges and his Widelux

I've watched "The Big Lebowski" about a million times. For my birthday, my loving wife bought me the special edition DVD with extras. I haven't watched the extras until this morning and I found some really great stuff about Jeff Bridges and his Widelux panoramic camera.

Jeff uses a Widelux camera to document his movies behind the scenes and then prints out some books for cast and crew members. The Big Leboski DVD showed Jeff flipping through his photos and talking about them. Some of these photos are really excellent.

You can find some of Jeff's work on his website here:
JeffBridges.com Photography

Here is a sample page showing widelux photos:
JeffBridges.com - Moguls aka Amateurs

I think his work is just great and the photos from The Big Lebowski are particularly amazing. One shows Julianne Moore in her valkyrie outfit on the checkerboard bowling lanes with the bowling pin dancers caught on the far extends of the pano.

And he has a book called "Pictures" featuring his favorites from all of the books he has done in the past. If I'm a good boy I'll be getting that for my next birthday.

09-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very cool!
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here is a webpage describing widelux photos and also showing some more of Jeff's work.
Widelux Panoramic Photography Compendium – Tips, links and stories :: The Garden of Forking Paths ::

I checked eBay and boy are those things expensive! Too pricey for me to toy with, but clearly an interesting tool for the right type of photographer.

That page also links to a story on the New York Times that has a photo gallery:
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/showcase-a-wide-view-of-a-hellish-world/