Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where do you send your broken Nikon stuff to be repaired?

Got an email from a friend who's daughter dropped her Nikon and he was looking for info on where to get the lens repaired. Anybody have any contact information, website, phone number, etc.. of where he can send it to be repaired? I've never dealt with Nikon stuff, so that's why I am asking here.

Thanks!

The email:

,,, my daughter dropped her Nikon D900 camera and telephoto lens, breaking the lense off the camera.... It did not damage the camera, but it broke the locking and locator tabs off the plastic mounting piece.... other wise the tele lens seems to be ok.... any idea where to get it repaired???? she took it to a shop and they told her to just buy another lens... yeah, right...

I looked at it and there is no way that I can repair it... I might could make a steel cradle that would hold it around the outside and fasten to the tripod mounting screw on the bottom... but it would be difficult....
I told her that there had to be others out there that were in the same boat,,,, those mounting pieces are so flimsey that there are bound to be some more that have busted them....
thanks,
Doc

10-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Does her daughter live in the future?! Holy crap, a D900!

The best place to send Nikon gear, as far as I know, is the actual Nikon repair facility closest to you. They have a nice list on their site.