Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #31
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
aaib, that is a succinct and objective view of these two cameras. I'm not surprised the 5D still has an edge on the K-5 for high ISO performance, so it should. But the point made earlier about cost/benefit and value retention between the systems is a sobering reminder of how technology changes things again and again.

12-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I consider the dark side would be more like selling your whole camera equipment to buy a pedigree poodle XD..
But then i think we start jumping around and around things because desire is pleasing and fullfilling it gives us some pleasure too...then we find other things to desire and move on..just like with interests..
Pen/Hoya is still a big fat corporation and it ain't better or worse than nikon or canon...we crave to belong to something XD and corporations use it in their marketing strategies..they fidelize people...you found a better camera that fits your needs, great for you. I too would love mine to use wide as they were meant to be..its just a matter of pros and cons...FF aint better than Aps-c..it's just different...
Good for you mate and let us know how you like your new camera eh?

This peace of mind was just born when i found out a Hasselblad 205ttc lying in my parents house, bored and lonely, and knowing , that probably, i'll be ,in a short period of time, it's proud owner...and yep they were stinkin rich not long ago, it's finished but i'll buy the hassy if i have to (knowing they won't charge it's full price, and will give me time to pay) , they won't sell it without me giving a good fight ,even if it had to be a job in a Burger king XD, :P(wish me luck).

Last edited by Coeurdechene; 12-20-2010 at 04:50 AM.
12-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #33
candacelewis

Pentax to Canon

I have loved my Pentax Cameras for a long time - spouse had the ME & I had the ZX-50 & K10 - Great Photos from those cameras! - Finally sprung for the Canon MK2 5D - & Wow!! Now my whole Pentax collection is up for sale! Those Canon lenses aren't cheap!
12-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote

That said, if you do jump on it and don't ruin it, that'd be an interesting durability anecdote. So you may want to make a video of the jumping and put that up to youtube.
I agree. Be sure to link to the unboxing video as well.