Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Sunrise Color

Hi, Just bought a used K10D. Reading the book over and over. Can not wait to learn the new camera. This morning I took a photo of the Sunrise with my old Kodak Digital DX7590. The sky was pink and blue. The photo came out red and gold/ Why? Thank You, Ken J.

Attached Images

12-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Ken.
You'll find that it's the white balance set on the camera that'll determine the colours seen in the image results.
The K10D is notorious for producing warm images, particularly in warmer light (tungsten and sunrise/sunset lighting).

Altering the white balance setting on your camera, or even in post-processing, will allow for different colour renditions of the same image to be produced.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
photo, sunrise