Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #1

Overseas battery charging.

For various reasons I bought a Panasonic FX40 the other day but am yet to charge it (it's a Xmas pressie).

However whilst I bought it from B&H in the US, I'm in Australia. The US runs on 110v... we use 240v. Admittedly I should have considered this before buying it but there ya go.

Will there be a problem charging the battery or can I just use a plug converter and carry on as normal??

12-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My Pentax charger accepts 100-240V 50/60Hz, it says so on it's bottom among lots of other small print. I suspect yours is similar, check it out. If the voltage is ok, then a plug adapter will do it. Also, if the mains lead is the kind that plugs in the charger you can probably find a replacement that fits your sockets directly.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery