Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I decided not to feed the troll.
I'm trying hard to get the hang of it. Thanks.

Last edited by Manel Brand; 12-30-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
12-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't read every post in this thread; sounds like setting the AE locked to AF point selected to NO would help most of the over/under exposed issues. Since the subject in focus could change the entire exposure if set to yes. I tried not to get into argument in discussions as it can feed the trolls as Pentaxor suggested.
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ashisban Quote
Today I sold my first DSLR the Pentax K10D along with the kit lens. It had been my trustworthy companion for the last 3 years. I had already sold my other Pentax lenses and with the K10D going I am without any Pentax gear for the first time for quite some time. I was thinking about getting the K5 but the current price is too hot for me and decided with a heavy heart to part with Pentax and go for the Nikon D7000 (with the current lens promotion going on at Amazon). Although I am parting with Pentax (at least for sometime), I will always remain a loyal Pentaxian as whatever little I have learned about digital photography is courtesy of Pentax and Pentaxforums.com.

So thank you Pentax and all the members of Pentaxforums.com for your contribution towards my growth in the last three years. I wish to continue as a member of this forum unless the moderators feel otherwise

Happy Shooting and Happy New Year.
I did the same (almost, still have the k200 and some lenses) and went the D7000 route.

While i think the k5 is an fantastic camera, the initial price of $1599 is waaaay too high. Yes, it's dropping and probably will be cheaper than the d7000 in 6 months, but overall price wasn't the deciding factor. My decision was based on the supporting system as a whole.

Just as someone else on a different thread mentioned, the K5 and kr are very nice, but where are the accessories? TC? Flash? SDM II lenses?

Yes, some nikon lenses are priced to the stratosphere, but at least they are available.

There's also the issue about 3rd party support. Sigma and Tamron are coming out with lenses for CaNikon and heck, even Sony! but only a few are making it to the K mount!

I don't like where Pentax/Hoya is going at least in this segment of the market. I was hoping they would make a better showing at photokina not just with the 2 bodies, but with the system behind it, but alas, that was a no-show.

Nikon has its issue too (like all camera brands) and i'll learn to live with them.

good luck and buy the system that works best for you.
01-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #34

Hey Ashis, I don't know if you even visit anymore but I just wanted to say thanks for selling me a great copy of the FA 50 1.4. Happy shooting with the new Nikon.

Last edited by Skullsroad; 01-02-2011 at 02:11 AM.
01-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #35

Original Poster
Hi Skullsroad, I am really happy that you have found a worthy companion in the FA 50 1.4. Happy Shooting to you as well...